jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

TM1 License Question

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

The site I'm on is being audited by IBM. They are in the process of calculating their software PVU count. I have helped them out by coming back with a TM1 number. We have 2 physical servers and I was able to calculate the PVU value for these easily. We do however also have 2 web servers as well. On these servers (we're still on IIS and 10.1.1) we only have TM1 Web installed, so in services you only see the TM1 Excel service. Do these still count as "TM1" servers and do we need to add the PVU count for them?

Thanks,

Jim.

PS. Part of the confusion is the age of the version we're on compared to the products listed in the PVU table.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
gtonkin
MVP
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

Re: TM1 License Question

Post by gtonkin »

Hi Jim, my logic tells me NO as this is not a user, modeler or data server and have never seen a part no. for it or any other reference to licensing the Excel service.
The architecture has also always positioned web away from the data server (and in my mind licensing).
As with all things licensing related, best to get a definitive from IBM-could be tricky given the situation but happy to make contact with my local team if you need.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

As far as I am aware the web tier has never contributed to PVU.

(Except for the kinda restriction of Express licensing which is limited to single box install formerly of max 32 cores then changed to max 1600 PVU).
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7

Post by jim wood »

Brilliant thank you guys!
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube