TM1 super user

yyround
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.8
Excel Version: MS 2016

TM1 super user

Post by yyround »

Hi All,

We are thinking about creating a new TM1 role called "Super"that has access to all our 90k+ cost centres but not utilizing the admin licences.

Is there a quicker way to give write access to all 0 level element in the cost centres dimension then just copy and paste "write" to all? I tried and my computer froze for a very long time, had to kill the task eventually.

Please advise.

Regards
YYround
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TM1 super user

Post by Alan Kirk »

yyround wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:41 am We are thinking about creating a new TM1 role called "Super"that has access to all our 90k+ cost centres but not utilizing the admin licences.

Is there a quicker way to give write access to all 0 level element in the cost centres dimension then just copy and paste "write" to all? I tried and my computer froze for a very long time, had to kill the task eventually.

Please advise.
You could easily do that through Rules but I'm not a fan of using Rules for element security. I don't feel that the benefit that you get from it is worth the calculation overhead, though I have used them in the past and if I had a constantly changing dimension I might consider it in the future.

My preferred method is to use an overnight TI (which can also be run during the day) to update the security based on a control cube. However you don't even need to go to that extent; you could just write a simple process to iterate the elements and assign Write to the SuperUser group.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
yyround
Version: PA2.0.8
Excel Version: MS 2016

Re: TM1 super user

Post by yyround »

Thanks Alan,

Much appreciated:)

Regards
YYround