Rule consolidation Issue

Analytics123
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2010

Rule consolidation Issue

Post by Analytics123 »

Hi I have the following rule in my cube .

SKIPCHECK;
['Beginning Balance','Total Qty on Hand'] = IF(NUMBR(ATTRS('Months', !Months, 'Month Number')) > 201601,(IF (SUBST(ATTRS('Months',!Months,'Month Number'),5,2) @='01',DB('Inventory_New', !Company Codes, !Storage Locations, !Inventory Buyers, !Inventory Ty
pes, !Inventory Methods, !Materials, !Vendors, STR(NUMBR(SUBST(ATTRS('Months',!Months,'Month Number'),1,4)
)-1,4,0) | '12', !Currencies, !Valuation Class, !Inventory Stock Category,'Ending Balance', !Inventory Measures),
DB('Inventory_New', !Company Codes, !Storage Locations, !Inventory Buyers, !Inventory Types, !Inventory Methods, !Materials, !Vendors,ATTRS('Months', !Months, 'Prior'), !Currencies, !Valuation Class, !Inventory Stock Category, 'Ending Balance ', !Inventor
y Measures)
)),STET);

Take prior months ending balance and apply to the current month , do it different for 1 st month alone .

FEEDERS;
['Ending Balance'] => ['Beginning Balance'];

The rule is simple the cube initial data is loaded from july 2016 which 201601 so the rule should be effective from 201602 .

My issue is the consolidation doesnt take place for August , total quantity on hand .

Attached the screen shot of the issuse .

Thanks,
Attachments
issue.png
issue.png (24.87 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
Trace Calculation.png
Trace Calculation.png (15.18 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Rule consolidation Issue

Post by declanr »

Your rule is pulling from prior month so you need to alter your feeder to push to the next month. Currently you are feeding the same month.
Declan Rodger
Analytics123

Post by Analytics123 »

Any sample on how to push to next month on feeder .

The rule is if curremonth number is 01 then get the prior years last month value other wise get the prior month value .

Thanks
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Just like you have an attribute on your Months dimension called "Prior", so should you have one called "Next". Then your feeder would look something like this:

Code: Select all

['Ending Balance'] => DB(CubeName, Dim1, Dim2,...,  ATTRS('Months', !Months, 'Next'), 'Beginning Balance');
You have to use the full DB syntax in order to do this. Substitute your cube name and dimension names in above. The ATTRS code string would replace the !Months reference in the rule.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Analytics123

Post by Analytics123 »

Okay this worked perfectly .

But when i expand a hierarchy in any dimension as part of a cube view , its taking more time to update . but its give the correct results .

The below mentioned was my only rule in the cube .Is there a way I am doing doing something wrong which is affecting the performance .

Thanks,
Analytics123

Post by Analytics123 »

Okay i think this happened earlier as well . When I save this cube rule it happens to save all other cubes rules . I am seeing this in operation console .

Last time I think what fixed was deleting the rule and restarting the server and readding the rule back .

I am not sure if that will fix this today .but will give it a try .

Any idea why this causing this.

Thanks,
Analytics123

Post by Analytics123 »

In ops console, the rule attach function is running for all other cube feeders.