Process does not update updateable cell

TMinorK
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 RTM
Excel Version: 2013 Pro

Process does not update updateable cell

Post by TMinorK »

I bump into the following issue occasionally in TM1 10.2.2. RTM: it happens that some processes, though terminating without any errors, do not update some target cells. The corresponding cells are updateable and in most of the cases they are actually updated when the process is executed.
A couple of days ago it happened even while using an AttrPutS command to assign an alias to a dimension element (i.e. in this case the cell in the related }ElementAttributes cube was not updated).
Do you have any idea?
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Process does not update updateable cell

Post by jim wood »

I think we'll need more detail than that. I've some funnies over time when specifying the elements for every dimension in a source view but I'm not sure if these are related.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Drg »

turn on logging on this cube and run you process. check transaction log after.
or use textoutput(),LOGOUTPUT() function on your process to find your error.
TMinorK
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 RTM
Excel Version: 2013 Pro

Post by TMinorK »

The "main" problem is that the non-updating happens apparently randomly: usually the process updates the cell as desired, but then (after several successful executions) it does not. When (if) we notice the error and run the process again, it works. We've been facing this for about a year, previously it never happened.
We experienced the problem with several processes, and it effected both numeric and string cells. I have no idea about how to localize the "bewitched" processes or how to reproduce the phenomenon intentionally.
Drg
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Drg »

use textoutput() function on your process to create snapshot of action on the TI script.

Check rule on cell where you don't see you data(maybe on some action of users cell lock's CellIsUpdateable etc...).

Faced in same trouble wheen copy data from version to version.
We check al ldata flow and find rule on cube A who lock cell on Cube B if in cube C cell null.
then change load data sequence first load Cube C then Cube A then Cube B
As an option why it might be...
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

Is this a last values wins scenario?

If you know there are target cells that are not updating, then you can ASCIIOUTPUT/ TEXTOUTPUT for those cells only and check if they are being written/ overwritten/ being targeted as required

Has the code in the processes changed? Does the data source change? Have you upgraded? etc.. etc..