Need Help in coding

advayaaa
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2003

Need Help in coding

Post by advayaaa »

Am very new to TM1 Support.

There is a change Request, where we want all measures to be displayed under a cost center.

We have Various plants and the plants are transporting materials using different means like rail, road, air, water etc. The requirement is

If Plant is P1 and transporting via road the code should be 71xxxxx and via rail 72xxxxx, where code start is common ie 71,71, 73 74 and measures data should be residing for it.

Not sure how to do the same. Its okay to hard cord the logic as well, as the cost centers would be contant and no change.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Need Help in coding

Post by Steve Rowe »

Maybe zero suppression would just do this?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
st2000
OLAP Product: TM1 (Windows) & SSAS 2014 Ent.
Version: 10.2.0 FP3
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Post by st2000 »

First of all you should prepare your metadata in advance, preferably outside of TM1. For example using an ETL-Tool (like Pentaho PDI or Talend). Or at least via Excel. Then you could import this preferably via a process (or for prototyping also by copy and paste from Excel).
Don't forget to read as a basis for your work: Kimball: The DWH Toolkit 3rd Edition (ISBN-13: 978-1118530801, search engine words:
kimball 3rd
might help also).
And the TM1 manuals for sure.
-----------------------------------
Best regards,
Stefan
advayaaa
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2003

Post by advayaaa »

Hi ,

the ETL for our cubes is SAP BW and unfortunately this change cannot be implemented there. We need to find a work around at the cube level itself.

Also not sure why zero suppression is mentioned. Zero suppression would not help I believe.
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

Suggest you read the Request for Assistance Guidelines

http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1037

I've read your question several times and I am still none the wiser as to your issue
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

advayaaa wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 am Hi ,

the ETL for our cubes is SAP BW and unfortunately this change cannot be implemented there.
Are you sure that you know what an ETL is? In TM1's case, it's TurboIntegrator. Also the "T" in ETL stands for "Transform". By definition, an ETL can change (transform) data from one form to another. I'll come back to that.
advayaaa wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:47 amWe need to find a work around at the cube level itself.

Also not sure why zero suppression is mentioned. Zero suppression would not help I believe.
Probably because your question is far from clear. As Edward suggested you should read the RFA guidelines.

However if I had to guess:
(a) "the code" which starts with a 7 that you mention is the cost centre; and
(b) You are looking for some way to transform some (unspecified in your question) SAP BW values into that code so that you can write the value to the relevant cost centre.

If so, one common way of doing this is to have a mapping cube so that your TI code can do a lookup. The net effect of this is "If the value from SAP BW is X, then the mapping cube says that we use cost centre element 7001234. If the value is Y, the mapping cube says that we use 7001235" and so on. This is what the process of Transforming is.

However it's impossible to be sure that this is what you need without a much clearer question.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.