Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Changing data via a graph in PAw?

Post by mvaspal »

Hi
For those who are already using PAw:
is there a feature where you can move the graph with the mouse and the data in the crosstab are changing? So I don't want to enter a number to a crosstab and then see the impact on the diagram, but the way around.
I think Cognos Insight is/was capable of doing that.

Thanks!
mvaspal
Community Contributor

Re: Changing data via a graph in PAw?

Post by mvaspal »

Just tested, it is not possible;

btw, is this really the new flagship product? If someone knows, can tell me maybe where should I have said wooowww during my tests?
Other than hierarchies as objects....maybe listening to music on youtube?

Thanks!
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

From what perspective on you looking?
Hierarchies is a massive change at the back-end and will I think lead to very different designs in the future.
PAW itself as a graphic web-interface is also a step-change in what was available, though this is perhaps more of a catch-up from IBM versus competing products. IBM would state they are ahead of the competition now, though I've no direct experience of the other products.

You'd like to do spreading by dragging on a graph I guess but are there other things that are missing that you would like to see that is leaving you feeling underwhelmed? If you are explicit about these things then there is a good chance someone from IBM will see your comments and add it to the "wouldn't be nice if we could..." melting pot.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
mvaspal
Community Contributor

Post by mvaspal »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for answer!

moving a graph was just a nice to have, and existing in C. Insight for example (if I remember well)
just as a side note I asked, in general, what should have I seen in PAw, which should have made me think I cannot live without it
I think a well-usable subset editor would be more useful than chat or videos...I do not know a single user who prefers CAFE/PAw subset editor over Perspectives; most of them decide to use a terminal than moving to cafe/paw on their own computer which shows its current acceptance I think. But maybe I am just unlucky

And hierarchies as objects - fully agree that this is a big step, although OFA for example used to have it 20 yrs ago