Perspectives - Values Disappearing After Recalc

DavidS
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Perspectives - Values Disappearing After Recalc

Post by DavidS »

Hello All,

I am currently working on the attached websheet in Perspectives. The cube view it is referencing is also attached.

In the websheet, rows 13-16 are all context filters in the view, and can be changed in the sheet and still provide data after being recalculated. Rows 11 and 12 are not filters in the view, and are set up as SUBNM functions in the sheet, with row 23 referencing the values in the SUBNM cells. Whenever I select something other than the two versions in the view (Actual and Budget), the numbers show immediately after selecting it, but disappear after recalculating the sheet. Since this is intended to be a websheet, this will just always provide me with zeros when selecting a new version.

Is this due to the other versions not being in the cube view? If so, has anyone else faced this, and how have you addressed it? Is there something else here I am missing? Also, for reference, columns G-L correspond to the view, while D-F are DBRW functions.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
CubeView.PNG
CubeView.PNG (8.13 KiB) Viewed 4379 times
AfterRecalc.PNG
AfterRecalc.PNG (37.03 KiB) Viewed 4379 times
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Perspectives - Values Disappearing After Recalc

Post by jim wood »

Have you added any additional calculations? For example you may have added Excel calcs that derive an element used in the DB statements. If you have it may be down to calculation order. Try changing a DBRW in to a DBR. If it's not this you'll to provide more information regarding the sheet. It doesn't look like a straight slice.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

Seeing that the SUBNM starts on row 11 I am guessing that this is not a slice but an Active Form.

In which case ...
DavidS wrote:Is this due to the other versions not being in the cube view?
Yes it is. For cells belonging to another slice you can't use the TM1RptView reference as the cube reference in the DBRW. You need to use another VIEW reference (or hardcoded server:cube string but this could have performance drawback vs. proper View formula). But for the active form to still work you must have at least one column referring to the TM1RptView.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Is this an active form or just a slice? You have a version in C11 and a version in C12 so if it's an active form which version is referenced in the TM1RPTVIEW formula? Is there just one TMRPTVIEW formula and you are pointing both the Actual and the Budget DBRWs to that same VIEW? That's not going to work. You need to put the version dimension on the columns instead of a title dimension if that's the case.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
sunlight
Version: PA 2.0

Post by sunlight »

lotsaram wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:20 pm For cells belonging to another slice you can't use the TM1RptView reference as the cube reference in the DBRW. You need to use another VIEW reference (or hardcoded server:cube string but this could have performance drawback vs. proper View formula).
lotsaram, how to understand whether cells belong to another slice? I have an ActiveForm to analyse and it is not straightforward to say whether cells come from the same slice or not.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hi

Does the first argument of the DBRW formula refer to the server name and the TM1RPTVIEW function or not ? Usually if it’s not it refers to a different slice and it will be as Lotsaram pointed out.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly