RJ!
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

DBRW not returning a value in TM1 Web

Post by RJ! »

Hi All,

We have build XLSM form & published on to TM1 Web that uses a DBRW formula to retrieve a value from the }ClientProperties cube.
The DBRW works fine when we calculate in Perspectives, but once it's loaded into TM1 Web, the DBRW does not. I tried using DBR instead with the same result.

This is not a an "ActiveForm", does that make a difference?

Anything to look out for?
RJ!
Community Contributor

Re: DBRW not returning a value in TM1 Web

Post by RJ! »

OK, works for normal cubes, just not System Cubes. No way around this?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

RJ! wrote:We have build XLSM form & published on to TM1 Web
Out of curiosity... why? I'm not immediately aware of any difference (in terms of TM1 Web's handling of them) since both .xlsx and .xlsm are just zip archives with XML, the only difference being that .xlsm allows the inclusion of binary files for the VBA. Except, of course, that VBA can't be used in Web so there's no real advantage to having a websheet in .xlsm format. On the downside a lot of mail servers now quarantine .xlsm / .docm and similar formats lest they be the harbingers of viral doom, which presents a problem if the file needs to be mailed around. But unless there is indeed something in the way .xlsms are handled in Web that I haven't yet come across that probably isn't your problem.
RJ! wrote:that uses a DBRW formula to retrieve a value from the }ClientProperties cube.
The DBRW works fine when we calculate in Perspectives, but once it's loaded into TM1 Web, the DBRW does not. I tried using DBR instead with the same result.

This is not a an "ActiveForm", does that make a difference?

Anything to look out for?
Generally I'd be more concerned about the other way around. If your formula uses as one of its arguments a cell which contains a DBRW formula, then you're going to get problems with calculation. What are the arguments, plain text, subnms, some kind of other lookup, or....

(Incidentally, I've been using DBRWs to read from system cubes for eons. There's nothing special about those from that point of view.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
RJ!
Community Contributor

Post by RJ! »

XLSM -> Because just habit, just thought I'd mention in case it made a difference.

The DBRW is using cell references to populate the Service & User ID + Text for the "Status" field in my }ClientProperties cube