RJ!
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

SecAdmin + TM1Web Applications

Post by RJ! »

Hi All,

I have been trying to create something in TM1Web to allow our SecurityAdmin team to be able to update Client data via an Excel Template & stored as an Application.

During my testing as DataAdmin, all works fine, if test as any Client that has any group access other than SecurityAdmin, its still all good.
As soon as I try to access the Application on TM1Web when I use a Client with SecurityAdmin, I get the error "Failed to open the target workbook as the file does not exist."

Our SecurityAdmin team are in another Country so there is a decent performance upgrade if we can migrate to a TM1Web based process.

Is there a Security setting that I'm missing that needs to be updated or is SecurityAdmin group unable to use TM1Web templates?
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: SecAdmin + TM1Web Applications

Post by lotsaram »

If these people are members of SecurityAdmin group and nothing else then all they can see is security cubes. Nothing else. Including application tree objects.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
RJ!
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: SecAdmin + TM1Web Applications

Post by RJ! »

Thanks Lotsaram.

Even when the user has access to other "User" type groups, we were still getting this issue.

I've assumed that this is a limitation put on SecurityAdmin users so have created a new Group SecurityMaintenance & only gave that group access to the SecAdmin Application in TM1Web + the Process we created to Add/Delete/Update users.

It's working as expected.

If I ever get time, I might play with a Web Form using REST to see if that is also a possibility to update Client data via that method.