whitej_d
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

String Data Underneath ruled cells 10.2.2 FP6

Post by whitej_d »

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come across a solution to what seems to be a simple issue.

We have some cells that have at some point in time contained string data. They are currently being blanked out by a rule dependent on a picklist in an adjoining cell. The problem is that the presence of a rule doesn't ever seem to overwrite the underlying string data, and nothing I attempt will actually clear the underlying string.

It's not a huge issue functionally, but it is taking up memory for string data that was entered years ago that is no longer relevant, and we've come across some situations with MaximumCubeLoadThreads activated where the underlying left over string data is creating a feeder and feeding onwards throughout the model. Obviously there is a possibility this could cause performance issues if more cells are being fed than should.

Is there a way of forcing TM1 to purge the underlying string data if a rule has been applied to a cell?
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Re: String Data Underneath ruled cells 10.2.2 FP6

Post by garry cook »

Have you tried setting RulesOverwriteCellsOnLoad in the config? Seen this kind of behaviour with string data before in earlier versions and brought up the server with this on to purge the underlying data which worked fine (can't remember which version - possibly as far back as 9.5.2). Remember to turn off again if required - can be a little dangerous depending on model but may be worth investigating.
whitej_d
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: String Data Underneath ruled cells 10.2.2 FP6

Post by whitej_d »

Hi,

I did look at this but the documentation states that this behaviour is on by default, so I thought it wouldn't help.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21497858

I'll give it a go anyhow incase the doc is wrong (surely not!).

Thanks.