SSL Breaks RUNTI - (TM1 API Error) SystemServerClientNotFound Server connection failed

7Zark7
OLAP Product: TM1 and EV
Version: 9.1 SP3
Excel Version: Excel 2010

SSL Breaks RUNTI - (TM1 API Error) SystemServerClientNotFound Server connection failed

Post by 7Zark7 »

Evening Guys,

We have potentially come across a nasty issue when running a process via RUNTI.

As part of our testing after applying patching for expiration of SSL certificates we recieve the following error:

(TM1 API Error) SystemServerClientNotFound Server connection failed

We tested this extensively and cannot pin point exactly what is wrong . There are no firewall issues. We can connect to TM1 and TM1Web as well contributor.

Has anyone tested RUNTI as part of there test plan? I am very curious to see whether other user have experienced the same error. We have raised a PMR with
IBM however I thought I would also reach out to you all to see whether or not you can replicate the error.

Cheers

Zark
pandinus
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos Express
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Re: SSL Breaks RUNTI - (TM1 API Error) SystemServerClientNotFound Server connection failed

Post by pandinus »

Did you perform the client SSL update steps on the server containing the tm1runti.exe?
7Zark7

Re: SSL Breaks RUNTI - (TM1 API Error) SystemServerClientNotFound Server connection failed

Post by 7Zark7 »

Hi pandinus,

I cannot see a reference to:

"client SSL update steps on the server containing the tm1runti.exe"

Do you happen to have a link handy? Or anyone for that matter? Have you tested RUNTI?

Cheers

Zark
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Zark, it's all about the changes due to the expiration of the SSL certificates on November 24.
Did you do that on the server where tm1runti runs as well ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
7Zark7

Post by 7Zark7 »

Hey Wim,

Yes update steps were followed to the tee. We did some more testing and it appears it may be authentication, but cannot be entirely sure. We have duplicated production servers for both the TM1 server and BI server since UAT for lack of a better word is garbage. We should find out later this afternoon whether everything plays nice since duplicating the production servers really is the definative test.

Will provide an update hopefully later today. I have my fingers crossed everything will work out.

Cheers

Zark
7Zark7

Post by 7Zark7 »

Further the complication arises due to TM1 authenticating through a COGNOS BI server. So this is be mostly different to other installations who donot have a COGNOS BI installation.

Cheers

Zark
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

7Zark7 wrote:Further the complication arises due to TM1 authenticating through a COGNOS BI server. So this is be mostly different to other installations who donot have a COGNOS BI installation.
The obvious question is: did you update the TM1 Client files on the Cognos BI server? That needs to be done too if you're using CAM authentication.
Kamil Arendt