Licensing

Dimix
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Licensing

Post by Dimix »

This is of course a question for IBM, but I’ve asked them, and no one seems to be able to give me a definitive answer. ...or I have just asked the wrong person.

This is what I have done:
I have created a VBA project that burst reports, i.e. generate different versions of a report for a combination of e.g. period, company, product, etc. The different reports are then saved without TM1 formulas, and finally emailed to a large user group. Some of the recipients are TM1 users, but some are not. Will this violate the IBM licensing, i.e. distribute ‘TM1 reports’ to non TM1 users?

What if I do this manually using current functionality in the product, e.g. export a snapshot and then email the report to a non TM1 user? Will this also violate the license, or is it the burst functionality that is the problem (if it is?).
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: Licensing

Post by Paul Segal »

You're using one licence to create some Excel reports and then sending them out. There's no need for the recipients to use a TM1 licence. I don't see a licence issue here - why do you think there is one?
Paul
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Paul Segal wrote:You're using one licence to create some Excel reports and then sending them out. There's no need for the recipients to use a TM1 licence. I don't see a licence issue here - why do you think there is one?
Agreed. IBM does not own the data you have in your TM1 models. If you are simply sending out Excel workooks that were sourced from Perspectves does not mean the ultimate recipient needs a TM1 license. At this point it's just an Excel workbook that no longer needs the TM1 add-in to function.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
Dimix
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by Dimix »

Thanks guys! Valuable input as always.