Deployment - Advice/Suggestions?

DHaagenson
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.1
Excel Version: Use Google Docs

Deployment - Advice/Suggestions?

Post by DHaagenson »

Hello,

Below is a quick synopsis of my situation and how I plan to proceed. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or advice:

We are a consulting firm. We have TM1, Framework Manager, BI - Report Studio, installed (actually 10.2.1) and configured. We have written a Report Studio report. Now we need to provide the report to our Customer. Our Customer has their own installation. They will not be making any changes to anything themselves (Dimensions, Cubes or the Report). We have a common Oracle connection to the data that will populate/refresh the Dimensions and the Cubes. However, they will be the ones refreshing the TM1 Dimension and Cube data not us.

My plan is to work with them to set up the same processes that I have that will create the dimensions and cube (we have one cube) and then load the data into them. That should take care of implementing TM1 on their side to use the same dimensions, cubes and processes that I created for us. They would have their own Framework Manager. We would publish the report Package to Report Studio and then deploy the report to them. They would import the deployed report. I do not see any reason to sync the two environments or replicate the cube. Even if we did replicate the cube, they would need the TI processes anyway to refresh the data, since we will not be doing that here. Once we've moved this all over to them, any changes in the report would be a spec change and if it would require a cube change, then that would require a change to the TI process and would have to be communicated to them.

Please let me know if you can see any reason why this wouldn't work for us.

Thanks!

Deborah