Thanks for your help,

really need to figure out this issue with TM1
2.png
2.png (74.01 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
1.png
1.png (76.48 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
3.png
3.png (69.07 KiB) Viewed 3393 times
as you can see in both pictures.. I'm applying a rule for C: and N: level that shouldn't affect each other..but somehow they do it... but if I change the order or comment out the lines the results change to... even when they are being applied to different areas of the cube (N: and C: Level)

I would really appreciate your help to know how to solve this issue

thanks you very much
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Rule not working if I change the order

Post by lotsaram »

Always put the N rule first.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Andy Key
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

diegoweichafe wrote:...even when they are being applied to different areas of the cube (N: and C: Level)...
From a TM1 terminology point of view, your rules are not applied to different areas. The definition of a rule is:

Code: Select all

[Area] = [Qualifier] [Formula];
The [Area] part of a rule is everything to the left hand side of the equals sign, so in your case the [Area] is the same. The N: and C: (or blank, or S: as appropriate) are Qualifiers that indicate what type of cells within the [Area] that the [Formula] applies to.

Check the setting for AllowSeparateNandCRules in your config file. You'll probably find that this is either not present or set to F.

If this is the case and you don't want to change that, then you will need to use the extended format of the above:

[Area] = N: [N level Formula]; C: [C level Formula];
i.e.

['Forecast Base', 'OCR'] = N: If(...); C: 1;
If you want to have the flexibility of two rules on separate lines repeating the ['Forecast Base', 'OCR'] then set AllowSeparateNandCRules to T (changing it will require a server restart). Obviously you need to understand how this may affect other rules in your system.
Andy Key
Andy Key
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.5 to PA
Excel Version: Lots

Post by Andy Key »

diegoweichafe wrote:...even when they are being applied to different areas of the cube (N: and C: Level)...
From a TM1 terminology point of view, your rules are not applied to different areas. The definition of a rule is:

[Area] = [Qualifier] [Formula];
The [Area] part of a rule is everything to the left hand side of the equals sign, so in your case the [Area] is the same. The N: and C: (or blank, or S: as appropriate) are Qualifiers that indicate what type of cells within the [Area] that the [Formula] applies to.

Check the setting for AllowSeparateNandCRules in your config file. You'll probably find that this is either not present or set to F.

If this is the case and you don't want to change that, then you will need to use the extended format of the above:

[Area] = N: [N level Formula]; C: [C level Formula];
i.e.

['Forecast Base', 'OCR'] = N: If(...); C: 1;
If you want to have the flexibility of two rules on separate lines repeating the ['Forecast Base', 'OCR'] then set AllowSeparateNandCRules to T (changing it will require a server restart). Obviously you need to understand how this may affect other rules in your system.
Andy Key