Rule derived element level security

tosca1978
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Rule derived element level security

Post by tosca1978 »

First of all apologies if my question has already been answered on another thread - I did check but couldn't find what I was looking for. I have also read the article: Changes to TM1 Application deployment and rights-saving in TM1 10.2.

I'm on v 10.2.2 with fix pack 5.

The issue:

I have a TM1 Web application (contributor style) deployed via Performance Modeler. It contains cube views of 2 different cubes. One cube has the elist dimension in it and the other cube does not - this is by design. The cube that does not have the elist dimension in it has a dimension called "Hierarchy" which has element level security. The first few level of the dimension are identical to the e-list.

When I apply static security to element within the Hierarchy dimension the test user can see the elements that they are supposed to no problem.

When I apply rule derived element level security to the Hierarchy dimension it does not seem to register - the test user cannot see any elements with rule derived security.

I have tried the following:

- Written the most simplistic rule (targeted one element and one security group) to test and get the same results, to eliminate my rule being overcomplicated
- Added feedstrings and fed the rule derived cell
- Checked that there is no Cell Level security cube for the cube in question
- Refreshed security by right clicking the TM1 server, Security and then refresh security)

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong would be most welcome.

Cheers
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Rule derived element level security

Post by Wim Gielis »

Does it work in Architect/Perspectives when the test user logs in ?
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly