Rule worksheet save does not update

jydell
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: TM1 Build Number: 11.8.01300.
Excel Version: Version 2401

Rule worksheet save does not update

Post by jydell »

Hi

I have been having an issue for the last couple of months where when I save a TM1 rule worksheet (.xru file) it does not update the Rule (.RUX). There is no error message to indicate the rule did not save. (however I notice the save process runs very quickly and when checking the rule in the .RUX file it clearly has not updated)

I do not update .xru files very often so timing of when this started is difficult pinpoint.

Workaround: If I open the rule via perspectives "edit rule" change the rule slightly (add a space or a #) save this, then open the rule worksheet from excel and save (rule worksheet -> save) it then updates the RUX file correctly.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and do you have any suggestions to fix it. (I have searched the forum and not fond something similar) Timing is difficult to pinpoint but this may have happened after we upgrade to version 10.2.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Rule worksheet save does not update

Post by lotsaram »

Just to cover off the basic basics can you confirm that you are using the TM1 rule save and not doing an Excel save when editing the xru?
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
jydell
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: TM1 Build Number: 11.8.01300.
Excel Version: Version 2401

Re: Rule worksheet save does not update

Post by jydell »

Hi, yes using rule save functionality.