Action button Advanced Options Named Range Mapping

carwadd
OLAP Product: Cognos Express
Version: 10.2.0
Excel Version: 2013

Action button Advanced Options Named Range Mapping

Post by carwadd »

Hi All

I'm having a problem using the advanced options in the action button dialog to take a value from a named range in one sheet to a named range in another sheet (opened by the action button). I think it might be a bug, as I've definitely done this before, but I can't find anything other than the help documentation to confirm the correct syntax.

Book1 has two sheets called "Sheet1" and "Sheet2". On Sheet1 there is a Named Range called "NamedRange1" with some text in. On Sheet1 I also have an action button, set to go to another worksheet (Book2) which has one sheet with a named range on it "NamedRange2".

I've completed the Advanced options as:
Source Type: Value
Source Object: =NamedRange1
Target Type: Named Range
Target Object: NamedRange2

This all works fine. When Book2 opens it contains the text from NamedRange1 in NamedRange2

The problem is when I cut NamedRange1 off sheet1 and paste it onto sheet2, without updating anything in the action button dialog, it doesn't work, ie the text is not copied across although there is no error message.

The named range has "Workbook" scope in both cases.

Am I supposed to update the Source Object description? I've tried "=Sheet2!NamedRange1" but that didn't work.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Carl