How to identify element name using text attribute.

mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Applix,Cognos TM!
Version: applix9.0Cognos tm1 9.5.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010 2007

How to identify element name using text attribute.

Post by mincharug.shulft »

Really appreciated your support if anyone can help me on this with your past experience.

I have a text file source that has all the account numbers in numeric, and all these numeric numbers are part of my dimension as text attribute, so I while I load the data with respect of my account numbers among all other data load combination I cannot able to load since all these account numbers not directly part of my dimension neither alias.

So is there any way to check with element name associated with this account numbers.

I have attached my screenshot here…..
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (7.68 KiB) Viewed 5095 times
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: How to identify element name using text attribute.

Post by Alan Kirk »

mincharug.shulft wrote:Really appreciated your support if anyone can help me on this with your past experience.

I have a text file source that has all the account numbers in numeric,
A field containing account numbers, customer codes, table IDs etc should never be treated as a numeric column in a data source unless you like having issues with truncation of leading zeroes for example. They should always be treated as strings so they can be parsed accordingly.
mincharug.shulft wrote:and all these numeric numbers are part of my dimension as text attribute, so I while I load the data with respect of my account numbers among all other data load combination I cannot able to load since all these account numbers not directly part of my dimension neither alias.

So is there any way to check with element name associated with this account numbers.

I have attached my screenshot here…..
Without wishing to state the potentially blindingly obvious... if you put those text attributes in as aliases instead of text attributes, your problem immediately vanishes, does it not?

That is, unless the attributes are not unique, in which case you aren't going to be able to identify a single element from the attribute anyway.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

Thank you so much alan,but my existed text attribute element used for dfifferent purpose ...so i cannot change that to alias..so is there any another solution that i can use for it.....
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

mincharug.shulft wrote:Thank you so much alan,but my existed text attribute element used for dfifferent purpose ...so i cannot change that to alias..so is there any another solution that i can use for it.....
You are aware that there is pretty much no place - reports, rules, whatever - where you can use a text attribute but can't use an alias instead? In some cases you may need to tweak the code slightly, but that isn't always necessary either. The reverse isn't true (in fact the reverse is what you're trying to do, effectively), but an alias can generally be used in exactly the same way as a text attribute can. A DBRA worksheet function, for example, neither knows nor cares whether it's reading a text attribute or an alias. About the only time it matters is if the text attribute can be empty.

And you're doubtless aware that even if it's not possible to convert the existing attribute from a text attribute to an alias for whatever reason... you can create a new alias and populate it with exactly the same values as the text attribute?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

I really appreciated your help on this,i have got an answer and i impletemented ...thanks again your all suggestions.
BariAbdul
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics, P
Version: PAW 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2019

Post by BariAbdul »

Hi mincharug.shulft,It would help everyone in similar situation,If you could post your final solution.Thanks
"You Never Fail Until You Stop Trying......"
mincharug.shulft
Regular Participant

here is my small code.....
Get it my vLOB from source ,and compare with my attribute ,if two are matches then,get that element associated attribute and finally i am using that element as my LOB while doing data....i think it might be understandable .....Thanks again everyone ...the forum is awesome and Alan is rocker of this formum.thanks again Alan.....

DimNam='LOB';
DElem=DIMSIZ(DimNam);
i=1;
While(i<=DElem);
StrEle=DIMNM(DimNam,i);
AOGLOB=ATTRS(DimNam,StrEle,'AOG_LOB');
IF(AOGLOB @=vLOB);
asciioutput('a.txt',StrEle);
LOB=StrEle;
ENDIF;
i=i+1;
END;