Deploying Updated TI files

winshent
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: O365

Deploying Updated TI files

Post by winshent »

Hi All

I'm a newbie... and am wondering about how to deploy updated TI processes..

Our contractor here says that the server needs to come down as TI processes stored in memory are written back to the file on disk. Our TM1 servers comes down each night.

Yesterday I copied across an updated TI from Dev to Prod to test the above. It didnt get overwritten.

Is this the case only for TI process files or does it also apply for other files such as Rules ?
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: Deploying Updated TI files

Post by Paul Segal »

If you amend or write a new TI process on your dev server, and then copy it to your production server, then you need to restart the production server for it to recognise the amended or new TI process. If there weren't many changes, it is in theory possible to cut and paste the amended process from dev into the same process on the prod server or create the same new process on the production server and cut and paste the contents of the process from the dev server, but it wouldn't be my first choice - too much to go wrong. Pulse for TM1 has a migration facility that will promote from dev to prod without bringing prod down, but it's not an area of Pulse that I've explored too much yet (although I can recommend the product for most other aspects of its functionality).
Paul
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.1.1
Excel Version: 14.0.6129.5000

Re: Deploying Updated TI files

Post by TrevorGoss »

You can also use the Transfer tool within Performance modeler, but be careful, even if you transfer just one TI, it will regenerate all of your rule files. You could always create your own with an API, depending on your skill set.