Pulse for TM1 webclient

Joris
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: 2010

Pulse for TM1 webclient

Post by Joris »

Has any anybody some experience with Pulse for TM1 (CubeWise product)?

The executable is running fine, but whenever I try to use the webclient (http://localhost:8099/) I only get this:

Code: Select all

HTTP Status 404 - /
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type Status report
message /
description The requested resource is not available.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/7.0.42
Same result when I try to access it from another pc instead of localhost. We've got the same issue for both our Development and Production server. Already tried restarting the Pulse services (there are two of them), but without success.

Thanks in advance.
Joris
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Re: Pulse for TM1 webclient

Post by Paul Segal »

Have you tried a full domain name = e.g. servername.yourdomain.com:8099/? Otherwise, are you not in maintenance with Cubewise, as they should be able to troubleshoot?
Paul
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

It'll be what Paul said. Localhost does work for me when I'm running the browser on a remote session directly on the server; it obviously won't if you're running it on another PC because that isn't the host on which the Pulse service is running. But even on the servers I still use servername:8099. If that doesn't work then my thoughts would be running to whether that port is blocked.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Have you emailed support -at- pulsefortm1 -dot- com ?
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
Joris
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Joris »

I did try with servername and IP instead of localhost, both from other pc as well as via remote desktop, but still the same result. Given that the 404 is specific I assume connection is not the problem, but the web service of Pulse is.

Anyway I'll have a someone from Cubewise looking into it later today. Anyway, I'll keep you up to date.
CubewiseSoftware
Version: 10 2
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Post by CubewiseSoftware »

Hi Joris,

The issue you are having is caused by a restart of your server removing some of the files in the Pulse installation. To fix the issue you need uninstall Pulse, restart your server and then install Pulse again. As long as it is installed in the same location all of the settings will be migrated over.

We are about to release a new version of Pulse, version 5.1, an email will go out to all customers next week. Contact me directly if you want to get a download of the latest version.