Your Experience with TM1 10.2.2 and IBM's Support

nanobaka
OLAP Product: PA Local
Version: 2.0.9.14
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Your Experience with TM1 10.2.2 and IBM's Support

Post by nanobaka »

declanr wrote: I first looked at this and have to admit I was on the side of IBM with the specific issue in question as I feel that TM1 Web 10.2 is an entirely different beast to 10.1 (and prior) and in my opinion a better one. With the case of snapshots now showing exactly what was rendered in the web as opposed to what was in an excel sheet in the background (which most users should never have had to interact with) I would consider a good thing - they get exactly what they see...
I guess one can argue by saying "If you can't see the values on TM1Web, why should they be there when you snapshot it?" And let's say the old behavior is actually a compromise they came up with because they could not make those hidden values to go away. But you know what, when you actually use it, that old behavior turns out to be extremely useful. It allows our users to download a snapshot (or several of them) and put together something fairly quickly to answer their boss' questions.

I was told about this problem because a user was trying to compile her own report from the data she got from these snapshots. She had to fill in those missing values manually before she can put them through a pivot table. That took her much longer than it needed to be.

Even I took advantage of this myself. I had been to meetings where I did not have access to Perspectives but I was able to download a snapshot from TM1Web, did a few things in Excel and came up with the answer quickly. I just can't say enough about how useful it is/used to be.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

nanobaka wrote: I was told about this problem because a user was trying to compile her own report from the data she got from these snapshots. She had to fill in those missing values manually before she can put them through a pivot table. That took her much longer than it needed to be.

Even I took advantage of this myself. I had been to meetings where I did not have access to Perspectives but I was able to download a snapshot from TM1Web, did a few things in Excel and came up with the answer quickly. I just can't say enough about how useful it is/used to be.
If you're describing what I think you are, then she needs a little work on her Excel-fu skills.

What you're describing has always been an issue with data that came from pivot tables as well, which did not (before Excel 2010 I think it was) give you an option of having the row labels repeated.

To get around that, you'd simply select the range containing the row labels, Edit => Goto => Special, select Blanks, then enter the formula = [Up Arrow], and hold down the [Ctrl] key when pressing [Enter] to fill in all of the blank cells with that formula. That copies down the row label above each blank range into the blanks below it.

After that you can re-copy the range and paste it as values. Voila, you have the values populated in all row label cells.

If it takes more than 30 seconds to do it, it's because you've stopped to soak up some rays and have a pina colada.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
nanobaka
OLAP Product: PA Local
Version: 2.0.9.14
Excel Version: 2016

Post by nanobaka »

Alan Kirk wrote: If you're describing what I think you are, then she needs a little work on her Excel-fu skills.

What you're describing has always been an issue with data that came from pivot tables as well, which did not (before Excel 2010 I think it was) give you an option of having the row labels repeated.

To get around that, you'd simply select the range containing the row labels, Edit => Goto => Special, select Blanks, then enter the formula = [Up Arrow], and hold down the [Ctrl] key when pressing [Enter] to fill in all of the blank cells with that formula. That copies down the row label above each blank range into the blanks below it.

After that you can re-copy the range and paste it as values. Voila, you have the values populated in all row label cells.

If it takes more than 30 seconds to do it, it's because you've stopped to soak up some rays and have a pina colada.
I think that says more about your mad Excel skillz than anything! :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try and then go brag about it! :D
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

BrianL wrote:
nanobaka wrote:On the other hand, I did not know you can run TM1 server in one version but TM1Web in another version. That works??

I'm not aware of an official statement, but generally speaking new versions of the TM1 server are backward compatibly with older versions of the clients (TM1Web, Perspectives, etc...). IBM will accept bugs if that doesn't work. The reverse however, is NOT true. You will likely hit errors if using say 10.2 TM1Web with a 10.1 TM1 Server. That's documented at least http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledge ... ml?lang=en

this is true for most parts, except one - performance modeller. that must be exactly the same version of client as you are running on the server. and i mean exactly, down to any interim fixes you have applied. as that is the only way to deploy a contributor model to TM1web, it means your options for playing with differing server/client versions are restricted.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Gabor
MVP
Version: [2.x ...] 11.x / PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Excel 2013-2016

Post by Gabor »

My hope was, that FP4 will solve it, but that was just my hope, it's still open.
I had a 3 months fight with IBM to get it finally accepted as bug. That happened on Jun 19.
PI43449: WHEN SLICED FROM TM1WEB, REPEATED TEXT IN FORMS MIGHT BE CLEARED
kest
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP6 IF1
Excel Version: Prof Plus 2010 x32

Post by kest »

For repeat totals in excelsheet cells use Conditional Formatting with Formula =0=0 (or other signs that you use in Format Range) and black color font.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

kest wrote:Conditional Formatting with Formula =0=0
Why not:

=TRUE

That's even simpler.
Best regards,