TI Process Error

tawadeamit
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

TI Process Error

Post by tawadeamit »

Hi All,

Need your help in resolving TI process Error.

Background - We have created TI process to update Policy Dimension and its attributes. Source is Oracle table.

Sample Error Code

"06","N","06A2CP000000100","02-01-2011","02-01-2012","Claridge House Association I",Data Source line (1) Error: Data procedure line (56): Invalid key: Dimension Name: "SSC_PROGRAM_NAME", Element Name (Key): ""
Error: Data procedure line (56): error repeats 28 times
"06","N","06A2CP000000101","02-01-2012","02-01-2013","Claridge House Association I**Claridge House Associates LLLP",Data Source line (2) Error: Data procedure line (56): Invalid key: Dimension Name: "SSC_PROGRAM_NAME", Element Name (Key): ""
Error: Data procedure line (56): error repeats 36 times
"06","N","06A2CP000000200","02-02-2011","02-02-2012","WRF 1722 19th Street, L.P.",Data Source line (3) Error: Data procedure line (56): Invalid key: Dimension Name: "SSC_PROGRAM_NAME", Element Name (Key): ""
Error: Data procedure line (56): error repeats 36 times
"06","N","06A2CP000000201","02-02-2012","02-02-2013","WRF 1722 19th Street, L.P.",Data Source line (4) Error: Data procedure line (56): Invalid key: Dimension Name: "SSC_PROGRAM_NAME", Element Name (Key): ""

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,
Amit
Regards,
Amit
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2.1.1
Excel Version: 14.0.6129.5000

Re: TI Process Error

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello,

Normally an invalid key means that the attempt to pass an argument into a selected dimension, is an attempt to pass an element that does not exist in that dimension.

Your error is telling you that a blank element does not exist in the dimension, I would check your data at the source, make sure that works first, because the TI is returning a blank for the elements for that selected dimension.

Trevor.
tawadeamit

Post by tawadeamit »

Thanks a ton Trevor!!

I think you have correctly clarified. I am trying to pass SSC_PROGRAM_NAME by CellGetS and in process, I am getting blanks. I need to find tune the code to ignore blanks.

Regards,
Amit
Regards,
Amit
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello again Amit,

I am glad I have helped but are you sure just ignoring the blanks in the TI code is the best approach? That dimension will still need an argument as part of the CellGetS call.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Amit, as a point for next time please read the request for assistance guidelines and make sure you follow them. You didn't post anywhere near the information required to help you without guessing. At the very least you should also have included
- the code on data tab line 56 that generated the error
- the code where the variable for the element name in dimension SSC_PROGRAM_NAME is being filled, since it clearly isn't from the data source variables since none of them are blank

Maybe if you had done that at a minimum then you would have figured it out for yourself???
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
tawadeamit

Post by tawadeamit »

Hi Trevor,

I completely agree with you on this. There needs to be further more that we need to write to get desired results.

Kindly advice on below;

vSSC_PR_NAME = CellGetS( 'SSC_INURANCE_PROGRAM', PROGRAM_CD, vPROGRAM_YR, 'Indicator');

I am using CellGetS to get SSC_PROGRAM_NAME (vSSC_PR_NAME) from Cube SSC_INURANCE_PROGRAM, for Program Code + Program Year combination.
Further I am using vSSC_PR_NAME to get Program start date
vPROGRAM_START_DATE = CellGetS('SSC_PROGRAM_REFERENCE_DATA', vPROGRAM_YR, vSSC_PR_NAME, 'Program Period Start Date');
Now it may happen, we do not have Program Name for above combination and that's where my TI is failing as it is passing blank value for variable vSSC_PR_NAME

I need your help to write a loop to get value when Program Code & Program Year combination is not blank.

Regards,
Amit
Regards,
Amit
TrevorGoss
Community Contributor

Post by TrevorGoss »

Hello again,

One way to avoid data is to use th ItemSkip function. Like this:

Code: Select all

If (ValueThatIsEmpty @='');

ItemSkip;

EndIf;
Replace "ValueThatIsEmpty" with the Variable that may give you an empty value, that way your TI will skip all the empty arguments in the source, without crashing.
Mithun.Mistry1103
OLAP Product: cognos
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Mithun.Mistry1103 »

Hello

Not sure if I am missing a trick here because I thought I did this correctly;
I am trying to skip load of data that is against a non existing element in excel when I try to import the data into a cube.

This is the code I am using.

Code: Select all

If (MyVariable @='');

ItemSkip;

EndIf;
This is not working for me, I have also tried to @<> WITH a variable that equals to cellgets(..)

Am i missing something?

Thanks
Paul Segal
Community Contributor
Version: TM1 11 and up
Excel Version: Too many to count

Post by Paul Segal »

MyVariable is definitely a string, right?
Paul
Mithun.Mistry1103

Hello Paul

Yes it is. just so you have more information, il give you a brief of what I want to achieve.

I have 4 element type and lots of data type being fed in from an excel sheet. I have MyVariable which is the dimension that has unique id per invidivial record. Bui some records dont have a unique id to which I then want to skip and stick into a asciioutput failed.txt file(once I have been able to load the excel sheet without error).
BariAbdul
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: IBM TM1, Planning Analytics, P
Version: PAW 2.0.8
Excel Version: 2019

Post by BariAbdul »

I have MyVariable which is the dimension that has unique id per invidivial record
Shouldn't MyVariable be element name? Thanks
"You Never Fail Until You Stop Trying......"
Mithun.Mistry1103

@BariAbdul

So MyVariable is a dimension name but also the variable name which is an element type in the TI. It is full of unique ID's for individual records. In the excel sheet, I have 1-1000 records with ID 1-1000 BUt also has records that dont have ID's which due to no ID match, my TI will always fail until I itemskip. But my itemship as you will be able to see does not work for some strange reason.

Thanks