pass values between Websheets in TM1 Application

mnasra
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: EXCEL 2013

pass values between Websheets in TM1 Application

Post by mnasra »

Hello Experts,
I think it is too simple, but I cannot see it.
I need to create a tm1 application with 5 different websheets each containing more than 1 sheet.
The user will enter his choice of which supplier he wants to see in the first websheet, and I need to pass this information between websheets (I obviously know how to pass it within a websheet different sheets).

Thanks
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: pass values between Websheets in TM1 Application

Post by lotsaram »

As long as you navigate between websheets using action buttons and the ID of the element to pass is part of a SUBNM then there isn't anything you need to do, the context will be taken automatically to the new websheet.

If the elements to take as context aren't in SUBNM cells but in something else such as a Excel validation list cell or a picklist cell with DBR then it is still possible but you need to use the advanced navigation tab on the action button properties.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
mnasra
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: EXCEL 2013

Re: pass values between Websheets in TM1 Application

Post by mnasra »

Sorry Lotsaram, but I am still struggling with this issue. I might be writing too much in the subnm or too little.
But it is not working.

I have 5 websheets that I put in a tm1 application (responsibility).
In the all the websheets, the user has to enter which supplier he wants to see details.
IN each websheet I have a subnm function.
If I save the websheet with a specific supplier in the subnm function, it will allow the user to change It, but it will not carry to the next websheet.
And yes, I thought this should be automatic.

I am very confused, that something so simple is taking me ages.
thank you
Thanks
Micheline