Scope of feeder re-setting

iansdigby
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9 + 10 + Plan An
Excel Version: All

Scope of feeder re-setting

Post by iansdigby »

Apologies if this has cropped up already and been answered, or if it is a stupid question.

Does anyone know if the feeder processing engine has any way of knowing, when saving a rule, what feeders are already in place as specified by that rule, and thus how to optimise feeder setting by only creating new ones?

I guess not, because rules always seem to take the same time to save. Also, the time taken to read some kind of internal table of set feeders would I guess negate any speed benefit over and above just firing them all into place.

Thoughts anyone?

Regards, ian
"the earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens" - Baha'u'llah
BrianL
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2 PA2
Excel Version: 2016

Re: Scope of feeder re-setting

Post by BrianL »

iansdigby wrote:Does anyone know if the feeder processing engine has any way of knowing, when saving a rule, what feeders are already in place as specified by that rule, and thus how to optimise feeder setting by only creating new ones?
iansdigby wrote:I guess not, because rules always seem to take the same time to save.
Does the engine have any way of knowing? Sure, it could...but as you observed it clearly doesn't. I believe how long it takes is a function of how many cells are populated, not how many feeder statements exist or even how many cells trigger feeders.