Hide Rules From Users?

cycleman83
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Hide Rules From Users?

Post by cycleman83 »

Does anyone know a way to hide rules files from users? I don't want users to be able to view cube rules when they are in perspectives. I'm using v9.5.2... Any suggestions?! TIA
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Hide Rules From Users?

Post by lotsaram »

cycleman83 wrote:Does anyone know a way to hide rules files from users? I don't want users to be able to view cube rules when they are in perspectives. I'm using v9.5.2... Any suggestions?! TIA
Raise an RFE or chances are you can vote for an existing one. You are not alone on wanting this.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
cycleman83
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by cycleman83 »

Thanks for the quick response... I'll check to see if there is an existing RFE, if not I'll create my own. Thanks again!
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

This is definitely vote-worthy, however have you considered the rule trace functionality? Thinking about this might help you frame your enhancement request. What I mean is that whilst it may be desirable to remove the ability to view rules for all non-Admin users, it may still be useful for any user to be able to right-click the cell and get the rule trace. There are plenty of power users for which it would be a backward step to remove their ability to do this.
Robin Mackenzie
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

What's the business reason driving this request?
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk