where to find active clients

wang_chris
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

where to find active clients

Post by wang_chris »

In which system cube, can I find active clients name and number?

The information can be found by admin in security -> clients/groups -> status. But it's hard to number active clients in this screen. If the information can be found in an internal cube, we can make an form to get the information from internal form, and sum active clients number.

Regards,
Chris
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: where to find active clients

Post by lotsaram »

wang_chris wrote:In which system cube, can I find active clients name and number?

The information can be found by admin in security -> clients/groups -> status. But it's hard to number active clients in this screen. If the information can be found in an internal cube, we can make an form to get the information from internal form, and sum active clients number.

Regards,
Chris
In tm1s.cfg you need to have the setting ClientPropertiesSyncInterval set to the value in seconds which the client status "active" property should be updated in the ClientProperties cube. Usually I have this set to 120 or 300 for update every 2 or 5 minutes.

Then all you need is a dynamic subset in the Clients dimension looking at the status in ClientProperties

Code: Select all

{FILTER( {TM1SUBSETALL( [}Clients] )}, [}ClientProperties].([}ClientProperties].[STATUS]) = "ACTIVE" )}
Another useful dynamic subset in the Clients dimension is the current user.

{StrToMember("[}Clients].["+USERNAME+"]")}
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
wang_chris
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by wang_chris »

added in my system.

Thank you for advise.

Regards,
Chris
st2000
OLAP Product: TM1 (Windows) & SSAS 2014 Ent.
Version: 10.2.0 FP3
Excel Version: Excel 2013

Post by st2000 »

lotsaram wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 am Another useful dynamic subset in the Clients dimension is the current user.

{StrToMember("[}Clients].["+USERNAME+"]")}
Thank you, very nice. But I have to admit that I'm wondering, what kind of syntax the part USERNAME is. I don't find it somewhere in the manuals. Is it a synonym of the TM1User-function? Or belonging to MDX? Is there more of that stuff, maybe documented somewhere?
-----------------------------------
Best regards,
Stefan
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

USERNAME is an MDX function to return the name of the user executing the query. IBM doesn't include MDX keywords and functions in their docs.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/