Dimension Subset Editor does not open

eddoria
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003 and 2010

Dimension Subset Editor does not open

Post by eddoria »

Hi all, one of our users can no longer get the subset editor to open. He can open up a view in the cube, then he double clicks on a top level dimension. It flashes but does not open. I have tried to check both screens but cannot see anything small.

Has anyone come across this?

Regards

Vera Hawkins
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Dimension Subset Editor does not open

Post by Alan Kirk »

eddoria wrote:Hi all, one of our users can no longer get the subset editor to open. He can open up a view in the cube, then he double clicks on a top level dimension. It flashes but does not open. I have tried to check both screens but cannot see anything small.

Has anyone come across this?
When you say "both screens" would I be correct in assuming that this is a hot desking environment where a notebook is plugged into a larger desk screen?

Sometimes in those circumstances the last position of the subset editor window (which is stored in the tm1p.ini file) becomes a set of coordinates that is outside the current display's range. (This problem isn't specific to TM1 either; any application which stores window coordinates can be affected.)

After double clicking to launch it, try using [Windows key] + [Left Arrow] or [Windows Key] + [Right Arrow] which should pop it to the left or right respectively of the current display.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
eddoria

Post by eddoria »

Thanks for the info.

The situation is one docked laptop with two large screens. One with a blue vga plug and one with a white dvi plug. The display is extended so that it shows on screens 2 and 3. The notebook is blacked out. Using Windows 7, Excel 2010 and TM1 10.1.1.

I tried using only the laptop screen and one of the large screens. When I go to server explorer | dimensions and open it up from there, I can see the subset editor and alt tab to it and select it. That was great.

However using the cube viewer to go to the subset editor from a view still did not work. It flashed but did not appear as an open window in Excel so even moving through the screens I could not see it.

I checked my tm1p.ini file but it does not have any screen information. The only info I have is below. I will use the Windows Key and arrows as I just used alt and tab to move through screens.

DataBaseDirectory = ..\samples\tm1\PData
AdminHost =
ConnectLocalAtStartup = F
LocalServerNetworkProtocol = tcp
IntegratedLogin = F
AdvancedRulesEditor = F
#AllowImportCAMClients = F
#CognosGatewayURI = http:/LocalHost/cognos10/cgi-bin/cognos.cgi
eddoria

Post by eddoria »

:) The Windows Key and arrow key worked a treat. I was able to move it and then get it to open correctly all the time.

Thanks so much for the help.

Regards

Vera Hawkins
mnaithan
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by mnaithan »

Hi, I am having the reverse issue of that, in office I have 2 monitors and able to view Subset/Dimension Editor, now when I tried to login from home with laptop only ,subset/dimension editor opening with flash but not visible , I search IBM site suggest deleting TM1P.ini file so that current settings are removed, I did it restart the laptop but issue still persists ( there were 2 ini files one is located C:\ProgramData\Applix\TM1 and another one ......AppData\Roaming\Thinstall\Notepad65\%Common AppData%\Applix\TM1) , one IBM links suggests changing SubsetWindowLayoutInfo = 100,100,600,600,200,600 but I didn't see this parameter in any one of these files, am I missing something , could anyone please suggest/guide, thanks
Edward Stuart
Community Contributor
Version: All
Excel Version: All

Post by Edward Stuart »

Sometimes in those circumstances the last position of the subset editor window (which is stored in the tm1p.ini file) becomes a set of coordinates that is outside the current display's range. (This problem isn't specific to TM1 either; any application which stores window coordinates can be affected.)

After double clicking to launch it, try using [Windows key] + [Left Arrow] or [Windows Key] + [Right Arrow] which should pop it to the left or right respectively of the current display.
You can also right click on the Subset Editor in the task bar, select Move, then press and hold the left or right arrow key to move the window into the visible screen area