Custom Diagram URL

declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Custom Diagram URL

Post by declanr »

Since the custom diagram option got introduced to TM1 I have thought it is by far the best BI style item merged into TM1 in a long time and you can create excellent reporting screens with it.
However I have struggled to find any documentation showing how you can link directly to it in the way that you can for cubeviewers/charts/websheets; in my opinion I tend to not bother developing anything where the users have to use multiple clicks to get to an item as regardless of how good it is you know full well that most users will just give up before they get there.

I am hoping that I have just missed something in the documentation and someone else knows how to directly invoke it through a URL?
I waited for the most recent fixpack before revisiting this but still can't find anything to suggest it can be done... I do hope that I am just overlooking something obvious.

Thanks,
Declan
Declan Rodger
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Custom Diagram URL

Post by lotsaram »

I know not that of which you speak.

And the silence here makes me suspect I am not alone in my ignorance.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
RJ!
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by RJ! »

I'm assuming your not talking about Cognos Insight?

Or the Metric thingys you can set up in Performance Modeler?
nick_leeson
OLAP Product: TM1 9x, BPC, Hyperion, HANA
Version: TM1 10
Excel Version: Excel 2003 - 2010

Post by nick_leeson »

Metric's and custom diagram's can be imported into Cognos Insight, I suppose you can import the custom diagram above an image containing a URL which you can send back using Cognos Insight.
The challenge is to make this dynamic.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Sorry for the delay in responding on this one.

I was referring to the "custom diagram" that you create in performance modeler based on a metrics cube; so in my case I have variance analysis calculated by TI in a normal cube and then just port it into what is essentially a dummy metrics cube and then I can report with a RED/AMBER/GREEN style flag over the top of a map of US states.

This can be opened via TM1 Web's cubeviewer - so where you could historically choose between a cubeviewer or a chart you can now also select to view your "Custom Diagram". But it's a lot of clicks to go down that route.

I try to not even give most users access to the navigation pane but instead create a landing page with submenus where they can use hyperlinks to take them to any websheet/cubeview/chart that they might need but I just can't find any info on how to create an equivalent URL for these custom diagrams.
Declan Rodger
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

declanr wrote:I try to not even give most users access to the navigation pane but instead create a landing page with submenus where they can use hyperlinks to take them to any websheet/cubeview/chart that they might need but I just can't find any info on how to create an equivalent URL for these custom diagrams.
Me too. When you find how to access the custom diagrams directly via URL API please post the solution!
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.