Drill Customize

mnasra
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: EXCEL 2013

Drill Customize

Post by mnasra »

Hi experts,

I am trying to drill from 1 cube to another. I have the PERIOD dimension that is in both cubes, but I want to drill to the next period (yes, I have the attribute).
I dont know where to put the rule and how to change from the incoming period to the next one in my drill-to cube.

Thanks
Micheline
Thanks
Micheline
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Drill Customize

Post by tomok »

56 posts and you still haven't figured out how to follow the request for assistance guidelines?
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
mnasra
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: EXCEL 2013

Re: Drill Customize - RESOLVED

Post by mnasra »

Sorry for the miunderstanding.
I finally figured it out. I dont know if it is the best way but here is what I did:
1- I created a subset inside the Period dimension
2- I put the period (as part of the view)
3- I change the elements in the view in the prolog.

Thanks
Thanks
Micheline
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

mnasra wrote:Sorry for the miunderstanding.
I finally figured it out. I dont know if it is the best way but here is what I did:
That is pretty much the standard approach. For any matching dimensions that are on title the element context of the drill source cell will be taken and matched to the title filter. If the dimension is on rows or columns or the dimension is not in the source then to control the context of the target you need to assign a subset to the dimension and manipulate the elements in the subset on the prolog of the drill process.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
renken158
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by renken158 »

lotsaram wrote:
mnasra wrote:Sorry for the miunderstanding.
That is pretty much the standard approach. For any matching dimensions that are on title the element context of the drill source cell will be taken and matched to the title filter. If the dimension is on rows or columns or the dimension is not in the source then to control the context of the target you need to assign a subset to the dimension and manipulate the elements in the subset on the prolog of the drill process.
Dear lotsaram,
could you please illustrate " If the dimension is on rows or columns or the dimension is not in the source then to control the context of the target you need to assign a subset to the dimension and manipulate the elements in the subset on the prolog of the drill process"?
especially how to locate the exact element of one dimension is on rows, thanks.