Excel Version: 2010 SP1

MTQ with TM1 10.2.2 under W2003Server for TI

Post by ARNOJ »

Morning

I am trying to the use the MTQ with the following configuration
TM1 version : 10.2.2 (download today)
Serveur : Windows 2003 Serveur R2 SP2
Proc : 8

I set the MTQ at value 8. On start up all the CPU is used which give a 100 % usage . However when I launch a TI with variables, one proc is more used than the user which made a total usage value betwee, : 11% to 20%

With the new realease I was hoping to have 100 % usage of CPU when I launch a TI.

Did I miss something ?

Regards

Arno J
Please note that English is not my native language.
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Re: MTQ with TM1 10.2.2 under W2003Server for TI

Post by mvaspal »

hi

the number of threads used for server startup is not dependent on the MTQ parameter.

It is as expected that the TI runs on one single thread unless you run the same TI parallel from the tm1runti.exe utility. So CellPut operations are still single threade

But what I'm also interested in whether if we have a CellGetN in the TI, should it utilize MTQ?

btw as per the link below 2003 Server is not officially supported

http://www-969.ibm.com/software/reports ... 5106724669
Oratia623
OLAP Product: TM1/PA/CA
Version: V7.x to 2.0.9+
Excel Version: All

Post by Oratia623 »

You can get MTQ to "work" in a TI by using the 'ViewConstruct' TI Function to build your TI view (and thus use MTQ)
Check out the following blog post for a good summary of MTQ for 10.2 where this is shown at the end.

http://cubewise.com/blog/ibm-cognos-tm1 ... tq-tm1-102
Paul Williamson
____________________________________________________________________________________
I came. I saw. I did not concur.
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Post by mvaspal »

Hi
Does it mean that a CellGetN on the Data tab (without a ViewConstruct on the Prolog) does not use MTQ, or does it simply mean that the ViewConstruct does?

Thanks
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Post by kangkc »

Sorry to hijack this thread as currently I am testing MTQ impact on TI as well.
I can confirm that viewconstruct in TI does use MTQ as I can see all cores are fired up to near 100%. What I don't see is the way data tab is utilizing the the stargate view.

Basically I did an executeprocess in prolog which the sub-process will initiate the viewconstruct.

I presume the common way of processing the data in TI from view is via viewextract* statements in Prolog hence I have the necessary viewextract statements right after the executeprocess statement. The results was not really what I expect as the first time I run the process, it took about 5-6 mins. The second run on the same process it took a mere 2 secs. Hence it didn't really take advantage of the viewconstruct stargate for the first time.

I think I may have a wrong interpretation of utilizing viewconstruct with viewextract in TI.

The next thing I will be testing will be cellgetN in data tab to see the impact of viewconstruct instead of using viewextract with some S4 logger for stargate reference.
ARNOJ
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010 SP1

Post by ARNOJ »

Hello
So I have my TM1 application under a W2008 server.

I have try to run the TM1Runti process.

I try something really simple : run the process savedata_all

There I have save a txt file as testTI1.ini under my c drive directly.

In order to make it more simple I have no password for my user

In the file I have :

[TM1RunTI]
process=SAVEDATA_ALL
connect=Production

[Connect – Production]
adminhost=
server="MyServerName"
user="User"
pwd=""

then I use the command : tm1runti.exe -i "C:\testti1.ini"

But it is not working..

Thanks

Regards
Please note that English is not my native language.
hiraniha
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by hiraniha »

Hi kangkc,

You commented above on this post about an issue with the VIEWCONSTRUCT cached view not being used in the Data tab.

I have exactly the same issue, and have tried all sort of things to get around it. Basically I can see the VIEWCONSTRUCT building the view, but the Data tab totally ignores the cached view and proceeds to re-evaluate the view again, but if I cancel the TI after I see the VIEWCONSTRUCT has finished and re-execute the TI, it makes use of the cached view and finishes in seconds.

Did you ever manage to get this to work.

I'm sure I can make it work by splitting the TI into two and using one to create and cache the view and the other then to use that view, but it's not exactly elegant.

Thanks in advance

hiraniha
regards

hiraniha
whitej_d
Community Contributor
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by whitej_d »

Hi,

It's probably not well know, but the viewconstruct needs to be run in a sub-process called from the prolog of the parent process using an ExecuteProcess command in order for the data tab to use the cached view.

It's worth noting though that ViewConstruct will cause locking and stop any PI from happening for the duration of the process.