TM1 Active Form Hierarchy expand all question

spiderwallet
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: 10.2.1
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Active Form Hierarchy expand all question

Post by spiderwallet »

Hi All,

I'm not having much luck in finding a solution to expand all levels without pressing 'Click to expand' at every level in an active form.
Ideally I would like to create a button that would expand the data set to the n level, TM1 already has the functionality to collapse to the highest consolidated level but users are after the reverse.

Has anyone had to do this or have ideas how this can be achieved? Im open to the fact that this might have to be written in VBA.

Cheers,
Nick
sypkens
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Re: TM1 Active Form Hierarchy expand all question

Post by sypkens »

Hi Nick

other forum people might have other ideas but I would try creating 2 MDX statements in 2 separate cells (one for the collapsed view and one for the Drilldownmember statement). Add a data validation list in your excel web sheet in a 3rd cell and give it values "Collapsed" and "Expanded" and set it to default to Collapsed.

in your TM1RPTRow formula where it references the MDX statement put an If statement in that will assess the value in your drop down. if it is value "collapsed" use the "Collapsed" MDX statement else use the Expanded DMX statement. also add a button to rebuild the sheet.

Regards,

Jan
spiderwallet
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: 10.2.1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: TM1 Active Form Hierarchy expand all question

Post by spiderwallet »

Hi Jan - perfect advice, that is exactly what I did and everything works great - thanks!