TM1 10.2.2 released (or not)

Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

TM1 10.2.2 released (or not)

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Yesterday I received an 'IBM My Notifications' mail with links to all kind of notes on TM1 10.2.2. However it doesn't seem to be available (yet). I found a 'IBM Cognos TM1 10.2.2 Microsoft Windows Multilingual eAssembly (CRRG9ML)', but this contains 10.2.1 components...

The link to the documentation was working however and here the New Features Guide can be found. Listed in there I see:

Localizing your model
You can localize TM1 objects on your TM1 server so that users can view object names in their current locale without requiring any configuration

64-bit Architect and Perspectives now available
TM1 Architect and TM1 Perspectives are now 64-bit. TM1 Perspectives can be run in the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013.

Use Java to create and run TurboIntegrator processes
You can now use Java as a scripting language to create and run IBM Cognos TM1 TurboIntegrator processes.

SaveDataAll and CubeSaveData can now use concurrent end-user activity
In version 10.2.2, SaveDataAll and CubeSaveDataAll now enable concurrent user read/write activity to serialized cubes.

New ODBC proxy feature for Microsoft Windows 64-bit TM1 servers
The ODBC proxy feature makes 32-bit ODBC DSN available in TM1 TurboIntegrator ODBC processes. This feature is useful if a 64-bit driver is not available.

New samples are available
The Proven Techniques is a new sample database that installed by default. The GO_Scorecards sample database is also now installed by default.

A new TM1 Web API is available
Cognos TM1 Web URL API providing access to Websheet and CubeViewer objects by using a special set of URLs and parameters and Cognos TM1 Web JavaScript Library enabling programmatic access to TM1 Web Websheet and CubeViewer objects in a combined HTML, JavaScript, and Dojo web page development environment.

And a whole bunch of new features in all other components (Scorecards, Performance Modeler, Insight, ...).

Michel
rmackenzie
MVP

Re: TM1 10.2.2 released (or not)

Post by rmackenzie »

It's available for download right now... but for our guys it is going verrrryyy slooowly.... but happening!
Robin Mackenzie
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema »

rmackenzie wrote:It's available for download right now... but for our guys it is going verrrryyy slooowly.... but happening!
Are you sure? All TM1 10.2.2 downloads I can find contain 10.2.1 install packages with a publication date in 2013...

Michel
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

Yes... I'm in the Asia Pac area so maybe the downloads are region specific...? We were alerted to 10.2.2 availability today and commenced downloading. The 10.2.2 release notes are here.
Robin Mackenzie
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

I haven't tried downloading it yet. However I've added the link to the documentation page to the FAQ.
Michel Zijlema wrote:The link to the documentation was working however and here the New Features Guide can be found. Listed in there I see:

64-bit Architect and Perspectives now available
TM1 Architect and TM1 Perspectives are now 64-bit. TM1 Perspectives can be run in the 64-bit versions of Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013.
That kinda surprises me for reasons that have been discussed previously. It's no bad thing, but it's a little surprising.
Michel Zijlema wrote: Use Java to create and run TurboIntegrator processes
You can now use Java as a scripting language to create and run IBM Cognos TM1 TurboIntegrator processes.
Wow. I've never said previously that I saw that one coming. Yes, we do need a less antiquated language than the native TI one. But of course it had to be Java, didn't it? Of course, all hail Java at IBM these days. :roll:

Mind you, that's off to a flying start.

The TI Guide for 10.2.2 contains exactly 5 references to Java, all of which are contained in the following paragraphs on page 1:
What's new for Cognos TM1 TurboIntegrator version 10.2.2
The Cognos TM1 TurboIntegrator version 10.2.2 has the following new features.
Use Java™ to create and run TurboIntegrator processes
You can now use Java as a scripting language to create and run TurboIntegrator processes. You create TurboIntegrator processes with Java and use Java libraries to further expand capability of IBM Cognos TM1.
See Java support in TurboIntegrator in the IBM Cognos TM1 TurboIntegrator Guide
Yyyyes. I'm actually in the TurboIntegrator Guide. Soooooo.... when does the party start, exactly?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Alan Kirk wrote:Yyyyes. I'm actually in the TurboIntegrator Guide. Soooooo.... when does the party start, exactly?
It's already started with Wim in Belgium with some beer and mussels!!! :twisted:
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote:
Alan Kirk wrote:Yyyyes. I'm actually in the TurboIntegrator Guide. Soooooo.... when does the party start, exactly?
It's already started with Wim in Belgium with some beer and mussels!!! :twisted:
With apologies to Men At Work:

Buying bread from a man in Brussels,
He was 6'4, and full of muscle,
I said "Do you speaka my language?"
And he just smiled and gave me a .Net sandwich.
And he said, "I don't like Java Down Underrrr,
The braces flow, and make me want to chunderrrr.
I'd rather hear, hear the VB Thunder,
I'd better run, I'd better take coverrrr...."
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
macsir
MVP
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

Great features, can't wait for trying it.
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

anyone seen the fix pack for it yet? i'm not uninstalling anything to get to 10.2.2...... :lol:
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
dr.nybble
MVP
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by dr.nybble »

There is a tutorial on how to use the Java TI feature here:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/comm ... ity/TM1SDK
mfritsche
Version: 2.0.6
Excel Version: 2016

Post by mfritsche »

dr.nybble wrote:There is a tutorial on how to use the Java TI feature here:

Wait... WAT!

When I read
Use Java to create and run TurboIntegrator processes
I guess I should have read more carefully - I thought it meant to create TI processes programmatically - not to attach a jvm process to a tm1 server, then load java programs into that process. Looking at the necessary configuration and setup, it looks... let's call it "odd".
IBM wrote:You'll need to configure the tm1s.cfg for your model so that Java support is enabled (by default it is disabled). You can do this by adding a line like this, near the end of the tm1s.cfg
JavaJVMPath=C:\Program Files\ibm\Java70\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll
Alan Kirk
Site Admin

Post by Alan Kirk »

Thanks for that. Not quite what I was expecting either, but it'll require some exploration time.
-----------
marco
Version: 10.2

Post by marco »

It is available on the download sites (PA / SAC).
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema »

marco wrote:It is available on the download sites (PA / SAC).
Yeah - I finally can access the download too...
(downloading a 3Gb install package) :shock:
karkea
Version: 9.5.2 10.1 10.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by karkea »

I've tested the rest api shortly and it seems to be working just fine. Will be interesting to see what this functionality will generate in the future.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1

Post by Steve Vincent »

still no sign of the FP being released tho...
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema »

I've had a look at the new localization feature. Here's what I found.
Localization is accomplished through a 'Caption' attribute, which lets you assign localized names to cubes, dimensions and dimension elements. You can assign Caption attribute values for all language locales supported in TM1, which correspond to the elements in the new }Cultures control dimension.
The TM1 Web, TM1 Application Web, Cognos Insight, CAFE and Performance Modeler clients support localization (PM through an ‘on/off’ toggle).

The Caption attribute can be setup as a Text type or as an Alias type. When the Caption attribute is a Text type, uniqueness of the Caption attribute values is not enforced.

Localization leads to some new/updated Turbo Integrator functions and control objects. New functions CubeAttrInsert, CubeAttrPutS, DimensionAttrInsert and DimensionAttrPutS have been added and the AttrPutS function now accepts an additional argument, indicating the locale - f.i.: AttrPutS('Janvier', 'Month', 'January', 'Caption', 'fr');

In the background new control cubes are created with the names
}LocalizedCubeAttributes
}LocalizedDimensionAttributes
}LocalizedElementAttributes_<dimname>
These cubes are in fact 3-dimensional attribute cubes, with the }Cultures dimension as the additional dimension. Why the }Localized* cubes are 3-dimensional is not clear to me, as these cubes apparently will only be populated against the Caption attribute. So only having the <dimname> dimension and the }Cultures dimension in this cube would suffice (turning the Caption reference into an implicit instead of an explicit one)...

Michel
dr.nybble
MVP
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: Excel 2007

Post by dr.nybble »

You are now not restricted to having Caption be localized, you can localize any text/alias attribute.
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema »

dr.nybble wrote:You are now not restricted to having Caption be localized, you can localize any text/alias attribute.
The manuals are not exactly clear on this, but you can assign localized values to all (text/alias) attributes - so you can have localized attribute values.

Michel
Plunge pool
OLAP Product: Sql
Version: 10.1

Post by Plunge pool »

Alan Kirk wrote:

Thanks for that. Not quite what I was expecting either, but it'll require some exploration time.

So stupid question....does this mean that a TI Process can call and run a Java application? Is that what I am hearing?