Elements of dimension on perspectives

Jorge Rachid
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Elements of dimension on perspectives

Post by Jorge Rachid »

Hi all,

I would like to list all elements of the dimension of control }Cubes of my model on perspecitves. Does anyone know how to do this?

I tried the DBRW, but this case it is different because is not the cube.

Thanks in advance,

JR
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Elements of dimension on perspectives

Post by Alan Kirk »

Jorge Rachid wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm Hi all,

I would like to list all elements of the dimension of control }Cubes of my model on perspecitves. Does anyone know how to do this?

Sorry, but that last sentence doesn't make any sense. What do you mean by "is not the cube"?

Your mention of DBRWs makes it unclear whether you actually want the elements, or the element values.

In either case you could pretty easily do this in TI. You would start by iterating either the }Dimensions dimension or the }Cubes dimension (depending on what you're trying to find) looking for the control objects.

If it's the elements that you're after you would just iterate the elements each dimension in an inner loop.

If it's the values you'd probably do a call to a sub-process that creates a zero suppressed view, sets that as its data source, then iterates those values.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Elements of dimension on perspectives

Post by lotsaram »

Jorge Rachid wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

JR
All you need for this is the Excel TM1 function DIMNM. Combined with an index # this returns the name of the dimension element.

If you would like a good example of using DIMNM in exactly the context of listing out all cubes then look at this post.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.