Ideas and tips for enhancing your TM1 application
Harvey
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: PA, TM1, CX, Palo
Version: TM1 8.3 onwards
Excel Version: 2003 onwards

Flow TM1 Rule Editor

Post by Harvey »

Ricky Marwan, the creator of the "TM1 Transporter" and "(Another) TM1Top" has released the first version of his TM1 Rule Editor, for free to the TM1 developer community.

Features:
  • Formatting and colored syntax highlighting make reading and organizing your rules easy.
  • Drag and drop cubes to create DB formulae, or just drag single dimensions to get the bang syntax string.
  • The tool also includes a complete palette of valid TM1 rule functions. Simply drag the function to the rule editor and you'll get the function string along with parameter hints.
If you'd like to give it a try, you can download it from the Flow website.
Take your TM1 experience to the next level - TM1Innovators.net
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Flow TM1 Rule Editor

Post by Steve Vincent »

Seeing as we can't get the advanced editor working within a virtualised distribution of TM1 this looked promising, but is there any way to use it without the need for editing environment variables or running an installer? I have a tightly controlled environment which does not allow me to do either of those tasks, a zipped directory of the necessary files would be perfect tho.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Harvey
Community Contributor

Post by Harvey »

Steve Vincent wrote:Seeing as we can't get the advanced editor working within a virtualised distribution of TM1 this looked promising, but is there any way to use it without the need for editing environment variables or running an installer? I have a tightly controlled environment which does not allow me to do either of those tasks, a zipped directory of the necessary files would be perfect tho.
I'll direct Ricky to your post and get an official response, but as far as I know the PATH environment variable is necessary to get it working. With any luck, he'll find a way to get you a portable version.
sander
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by sander »

I want to try it but does it work with Cam security? I get the next message when I want to log in.
ScreenHunter_92 Dec. 09 16.24.jpg
ScreenHunter_92 Dec. 09 16.24.jpg (32.7 KiB) Viewed 12815 times
Regards,
Sander
Harvey
Community Contributor

Post by Harvey »

I haven't been able to test here yet, but I'm pretty sure CAM security is unsupported in this initial release.
Ricky Marwan
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Harvey wrote:
Steve Vincent wrote:Seeing as we can't get the advanced editor working within a virtualised distribution of TM1 this looked promising, but is there any way to use it without the need for editing environment variables or running an installer? I have a tightly controlled environment which does not allow me to do either of those tasks, a zipped directory of the necessary files would be perfect tho.
I'll direct Ricky to your post and get an official response, but as far as I know the PATH environment variable is necessary to get it working. With any luck, he'll find a way to get you a portable version.
Steve,

For TM1 9.5 version You can copy dll listed below into rule editor program folder

C8ITKProxy.dll
C8ITKShared.dll
libeay32.dll
log4cxx.dll
tm1api.dll
tm1camclient.dll
TM1ULibDll.dll
entire "ssl" folder

Alternatively you can use www.dependencywalker.com to identify required TM1 libraries
Ricky Marwan
vinnusea
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by vinnusea »

Hi Ricky,
Any updates on when you are planning make CAM security compatible ? Unless the editor connects through CAM not many developers can really use it. we love the tool but can't use it.

THanks,
Vinsea
Thanks
Vinnusea