Ideas and tips for enhancing your TM1 application
Ricky Marwan
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Another TM1 TOP

Post by Ricky Marwan »

Hi Philipp,

What i meant by basic security is default TM1 Authentication where IntegratedSecurityMode in tm1s.cfg is set to 1.

Check this
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/cbi/ ... 005b.html

Thanks for bug report, will improve when i have a chance to use IBM Cognos Security
Ricky Marwan
Kingsley
Version: PA 2.0
Excel Version: 2016

Post by Kingsley »

I have noticed that the application hangs/does not refresh after period of time(a day or two). I will need to relaunch the program or reconnect to the server.
kaazimraza
OLAP Product: TM1, SSAS, Power BI
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2016

Post by kaazimraza »

Hi Ricky,

Great job mate! I am looking forward for you to release an update with CAM security support. Happy to test it out for you, as well as contribute towards development of the tool. I can program in C# & .Net though.

Thanks
Thanks,

Kaz
bhparajuli
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by bhparajuli »

I would lvoe to hear more successful implementation.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

I'm having trouble getting my account authorised as admin when using CAM security. what parameters does it expect to login with? i'm using
  • active directory
  • steve.vincent
  • password
but all i get back is user not found
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
abakhsh
OLAP Product: Cognos Express CX10
Version: IBM Cognos TM1 10.2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by abakhsh »

Hi,

I am using QTM1top to monitor my IBM Cognos Express activity.

How are you supposed to delete/stop a process?

The older TM1Top I had for TM1, enabled me to kick users and stop activity, whereas I haven't figured out how to do so with QTm1top.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
amigo

Post by amigo »

Hi,

I have copied the files in the \bin folder as per instructions and am getting the following error:

Unable to refresh TM1 server/ an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format (HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Am using Windows Server 2008 / TM1 9.5.2

Thanks,
roblightbody
Version: 9.5.2.
Excel Version: 2007 FP3

Post by roblightbody »

Hi

Using TM1 10.1.1. latest FP and have put this on my laptop, configured my path variable, and its working perfectly.

Thanks!

- Rob
amigo

Post by amigo »

what are people using in 10.2.2.

Operations Console? What are your comments on it please?
mattgoff
MVP
Version: 10.2.2.6
Excel Version: O365

Post by mattgoff »

amigo wrote:what are people using in 10.2.2.
I saved a copy of the 9.5.1 installer just to make sure I can reinstall TM1top when necessary. Despite the fact that TM1top was pulled out of the 10.2 installers, it still works fine.
amigo wrote:Operations Console? What are your comments on it please?
Ops Console is crashy, slower than molasses to get started and actually view system status, requires unnecessary authentication, and adds zero important features over TM1top. My opinion is that it is one of the most poorly thought out interfaces I have ever seen in my career-- which is to be expected since that applies to most of the TM1 UI. It's clear there is no UI/UX team working on TM1 (see my other rants) or that management is ignoring them. The TM1 engine keeps getting better every iteration, but the UI keeps getting worse. I literally just did some (remote) training with a new team this morning and had to walk them through which button was which in Perspectives. "Oh, the slice button? Just look at the left dropdown box, then count three buttons to the right. It's the one with just the tiniest hint of green vs. Snapshot which is four over with the tiniest hint of blue."

Matt
Please read and follow the Request for Assistance Guidelines. It helps us answer your question and saves everyone a lot of time.
roy2087
OLAP Product: cognos tm1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by roy2087 »

Hi Ricky ,

Will this work with TM1 10.2.2 ?

Regards,
Roy.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

roy2087 wrote:Hi Ricky ,

Will this work with TM1 10.2.2 ?
With things like this where the original post was long ago, it's usually best to check the user's profile before asking. Regrettably, for whatever reason, Ricky hasn't been on the forum for exactly one year today. You aren't likely to get a reply.

As noted elsewhere the real TM1 Top will be returning in FP4, and if you're prepared to pay for it there's an uber-TM1-Top-plus-a-bunch-of-other-bells-and-whistles out called Pulse for TM1. (I'm sure there are others from other companies, I mention Pulse only because I'm a user of it.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
kangkc
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1, PA , TMVGate
Version: 2.x
Excel Version: 36x

Post by kangkc »

Matya wrote:Hi Guys,

Did anyone try that tool with CX 10.1? Is it works properly with CX?

Thx,
Matya
Yes it works with CX 10.1, just need to verify with Cognos NameSpace if you are using pre-10.2.2 install which is default using CAM as authentication.
JamiseBondi
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by JamiseBondi »

Ricky this tool looks great. I assume it's hard coded to pick up the log file (tm1server.log) from the root of TM1 server database folder. If we have specified a different folder for log files, how would I point this utility to look there to view the message log?
many thanks.