Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

TI Chore and Process EXEs

Post by Mike Cowie »

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd post something we put together quite a few years ago (in VC++) that I've since updated to correct a few bugs. Included are TM1ChoreExecute.exe and TM1ProcessExecute.exe, which might be of some use to anyone wanting to execute a TI process or chore from a command-line. The Readme gives some basic instruction/documentation, but feel free to send me a PM if you have any problems or questions.
TIExecute.zip
TM1 Process and Chore Executables
(426.49 KiB) Downloaded 2789 times
Version 0.2 Updated 9/6/2008

The usual disclaimers apply... no warranties and not responsible for what the TI process or chore you run does to your TM1 server.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
wudznet
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: TI Chore and Process EXEs

Post by wudznet »

Hi,

I tried using the TM1ChoreExecute.exe and I always get an error of SystemServerNotfound. I am using TM1 9.4

I am wondering if you can help me..

Thanks very much

Wudz
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Wudz, this means that the script is not finding your tm1 host server, either you've not set the parameter for the box running your TM1 server or it can't be seen from where you are running the script.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
wudznet

Post by wudznet »

Thanks Steve ..

I am just newbie in this kind of things .. I am not sure if I need to setup anything from the server or from my batchfile to run TM1ChoreExecute.exe.

Please see below the command from my batch file

TM1ChoreExecute.exe ServerName TM1instance(servername) userID password Chorename

I am not sure if I need anything in my batch file ..

Thanking you
Steve Rowe
Site Admin

Post by Steve Rowe »

Say you have a TM1 server called TM1Server and it's running on a physical server called TM1Host and you want to run the chore Test, your call should read.

TM1ChoreExecute.exe TM1Host TM1Server User Password Test

Where a user and password is a valid log in with read access to the chore.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
wudznet

Post by wudznet »

Steve Rowe wrote:Say you have a TM1 server called TM1Server and it's running on a physical server called TM1Host and you want to run the chore Test, your call should read.

TM1ChoreExecute.exe TM1Host TM1Server User Password Test

Where a user and password is a valid log in with read access to the chore.
Hi Steve,

I have the same parameter in my batch .. what I did was add another command to log on to the server then execute the TM1ChoreExecute ..

However, I have a different error now TM1ChoreExecute error code 1 .. I am not sure what this is ..

Thanks again ...
Steve Rowe
Site Admin

Post by Steve Rowe »

Yous shouldn't need to log onto the server seperatly, the chore code handles that. Like you I don't know what the message means, a guess would be that user you are using is only allowed one login (see }client properties) and when the chore execute process logs in it can't?

Cheers
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
MarioRubbo
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by MarioRubbo »

Does anyone know if a UNIX version of these utilities exists somewhere? I need to kick off a cube build from an external scheduling utility called AutoSys. TM1 is running on an AIX server. Alternately, if anyone can suggest an approach for developing this utility, I would appreciate it. For example, use the TM1 API to create a Java executable on the UNIX server to execute a TI Process/Chore.

Thanks!
MarioRubbo
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2007

Post by MarioRubbo »

Here is a UNIX utility that I've developed using the Java API. For UNIX environments, you can use this to kick off TM1 Chores from an external OS utility and/or scheduling program AutoSys, etc.
utilities.zip
UNIX shell scripts to build and run, Java source and binary to run
(83.5 KiB) Downloaded 739 times
Mike Cowie
Site Admin

Post by Mike Cowie »

Hi everyone:

I've just posted a totally new version of a command-line TI process/chore execution utility here:
http://forums.olapforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3486

Sorry for the delay. This replaces the older TM1ChoreExecute and TM1ProcessExecute command-line utilities included in this thread, and now has support for CAM login methods.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Thanks Mike. We have been using the original schedule execute version without a problem fro around 12 months.

Excellent stuff and fine example of what this community is capable of.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Mike Cowie
Site Admin

Post by Mike Cowie »

jim wood wrote:Thanks Mike. We have been using the original schedule execute version without a problem fro around 12 months.
Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for the feedback. You bring up a very good point that I should have highlighted: there is no reason to stop using TM1ProcessExecute or TM1ChoreExecute if they are already working well for you. The newer version is mainly intended to address the need for additional login methods for things like Cognos Express (which were tough to squeeze into the existing EXE's command-line structure) and to allow some client SSL configuration.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

ub14
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by ub14 »

In TM1 10.2 is there any option to call TI Process/Chores from Autoys for Unix or Windows Environments.
Thanks & Regards
vsu
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

ub14 wrote:In TM1 10.2 is there any option to call TI Process/Chores from Autoys for Unix or Windows Environments.
I can't believe you are asking this in a thread where not only is there already an answer, but there are also ready tools uploaded for both UNIX and Windows that you can just download and use!
Kamil Arendt