Ideas and tips for enhancing your TM1 application
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Quickly Determining Your Current TM1 Version

Post by Alan Kirk »

This is a tip from someone at IBM who I'd like to give credit to, but he may wish to remain anonymous so I'll leave it at that for now. I'd forgotten about it until I was going through my past e-mails recently. Note that this only works with more recent releases of TM1; in version 9.0, for example, the files are not tagged with this information.

If you need to quickly determine which version of TM1 you're running for support purposes (the versions of all files), especially if you've applied hot fixes, you can do the following:
(a) Open Windows Explorer to the Bin folder of your installation.
(b) Put it into List view.
(c) Right click near the top of the list (in the heading tiles) to bring up the field chooser as shown:
Add_1.jpg
Add_1.jpg (134.48 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
Go to the More... option and scroll down until you find File Version and Product Version, then check those boxes. Note: File Version will only be found in XP / Server 2003 operating systems or later. You won't find it if you're still running Server 2000.
Add_2.jpg
Add_2.jpg (101.17 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
You should now be able to easily see the version numbers of all relevant files:
Versions.jpg
Versions.jpg (166.67 KiB) Viewed 7182 times
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
Kim
Version: Multiple versions
Excel Version: Excel 2003

Re: Quickly Determining Your Current TM1 Version

Post by Kim »

If conditions are as Alan mentioned, you can also find the version by simply right-clicking on the the .dll/.exe file of interest, choose Properties > Version > then select Product version. This may be easier, especially if you don't want to have the extra columns showing in your Explorer view.
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Quickly Determining Your Current TM1 Version

Post by Alan Kirk »

Kim wrote:If conditions are as Alan mentioned, you can also find the version by simply right-clicking on the the .dll/.exe file of interest, choose Properties > Version > then select Product version. This may be easier, especially if you don't want to have the extra columns showing in your Explorer view.
If you're looking for one file, possibly. I believe that the suggester's intent was to enable an overview of the versions of all files to be visible (particularly when looking for incompatibilities), so that you don't have to have the IBM support person sitting on the line as you check and read each one out manually.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.