Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Re: New TI Process & Chore Command-Line Execution Utility

Post by Mike Cowie »

pobrouwers wrote:Hello,

I'm trying to use this exe with CAMpassport.
I've the CAMPassport from C8 but it doesn't work.
Whath the good syntax.
Thx in advance
Hi:

Quite honestly I was never sure how best to test this with the CAMPassport login option and never had a chance to do so - it may not even make much sense from a command-line, to be honest, given the EXE may not be running in the same context as whatever you used to get the passport. We're using a TM1 API function for CAM logins that is pretty thinly documented at the moment. I'd been using the CAMNamespace option without a problem, which was only complicated by the fact that the namespace parameter was case & space sensitive (unlike all other things TM1). In theory, the CAM Passport login option would just need the valid CAM passport, but like I said I couldn't test that.

Your best bet might be to try out IBM's new (as of TM1 9.5.2 HF1 or 9.5.1 HF14, but can work with earlier TM1 releases) TM1RunTI executable anyway - given it's existence, official support from IBM, and overlap with this utility I don't think we're really planning to develop/support our own version of this executable much further. It existed because Applix/Cognos/IBM never had one of their own (well, not as officially/completely) and, now that they do, there's no need to duplicate effort/functionality! I don't see a CAMPassport option in TM1RunTI, but like I said above it may not be as relevant from a command-line EXE like this.

So, I'd try that TM1RunTI.EXE avenue next - I believe some of the documentation on TM1RunTI has already been posted elsewhere on the TM1 forum and if you have problems finding TM1RunTI on IBM's downloads a quick support call should help you get your hands on it.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
nmcdermaid
OLAP Product: TM1, Transformer
Version: 953
Excel Version: 2007

Re: New TI Process & Chore Command-Line Execution Utility

Post by nmcdermaid »

I realise this is an old thread but I thought I might post the results of my investigations against Cognos Express

I've used TIExecute successfully against Cognos Express 10.1 with the following syntax:

Code: Select all

TIExecute localhost CXMD "CAMNamespace;CognosExpressActiveDirectoryID;<youwindowslogin>;<yourwindowspassword?" RunProcess <yourprocessname>
Note that:

[*]CognosExpressActiveDirectoryID is the logical namespace name for the ActiveDirectory namespace, which can be found in cogstartup.xml
[*]Use your actual windows login, not the name that appears at the top of Cognos Connection or the name that appears as a client in Architect

I hope this helps someone.

It's a shame that option "TM1Integrated" doens't work - I don't like putting passwords in clear text. FYI I get this unelpful error:

ERROR: TM1 Login failed. Error message is:
199: SystemServerCAMSecurityRequired