Mark RMBC
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Validating Dates In A TI Process

Post by Mark RMBC »

Hi,

Just want to confirm something about dates in TM1.

I have a TI process that includes a couple of parameters for start and end date.

On the web the user inputs a start and end date.

I was hoping I could use the DayNo function to test if the dates were valid and processquit if they weren’t. However I notice that if I put in an invalid date, such as 29 February 2018 the dayno function returns the serial number for the 28 February 2018, rather than throwing up an error.

So it seems TM1 does some conversion with dates. Can anyone verify this and are there other examples of such conversions in TM1?

Incidentally I got round the problem of validating the dates by validating them on the websheet, so I have a new parameter, pValidDate and if a cell on the websheet shows invalid the process errros saying the dates are invalid!

cheers, Mark
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Using Dates And Times In TM1

Post by declanr »

Mark RMBC wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm Incidentally I got round the problem of validating the dates by validating them on the websheet, so I have a new parameter, pValidDate and if a cell on the websheet shows invalid the process errros saying the dates are invalid!
You could just have them input to a numeric cell that is formatted as a date. In older versions it just wont allow something that isn't a date, as of 10.2.2 (or maybe PA) it actually brings up a date picker in the web... and obviously still as before won't allow a "non" date to be entered.
Declan Rodger
Mark RMBC
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by Mark RMBC »

Hi Declan,

Thanks for the response. Apologies if I am being dim.

Do you mean create 2 numeric measures in tm1 and format these as dates?

If so I am not holding the start and end dates in TM1 I am just using the start and end date to drive some logic in the TI process. So these dates only exist as string parameters in the TI process.

cheers, Mark
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Mark RMBC wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:10 pm Do you mean create 2 numeric measures in tm1 and format these as dates?
I did mean that - you would format them using the element attributes.
Mark RMBC wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:10 pm If so I am not holding the start and end dates in TM1 I am just using the start and end date to drive some logic in the TI process. So these dates only exist as string parameters in the TI process.
In these cases I normally add attributes against the }Clients dimension and use those but that is only personal preference so I have some extra audit control over who has input what etc.
But failing that for PA at least you can have a standard excel cell (no TM1 formula) formatted as a date (excel formatting) and that will bring up the date picker in TM1 Web and still have restriction in place to make sure you don't type a stupid date.
Declan Rodger