Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

SSO for TM1 Application Web / Contributor

Post by lotsaram »

Does anyone else find it crap that Contributor (and now Application Web) support only TM1 security modes 1 & 5?
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... tions.html

We have a large install base and one of the big things that users like is single sign on with no entering user name and password for TM1. Everything works nicely with integrated login in Excel, Web, EV. Now that Contributor supports websheets and Cognos Insight I am really interested in exploring this as an option but no support for SSO is a huge drawback for us as configuring CAM with LDAP namespace and then getting all that working across all UIs is potentially a huge amount of work and a monumental amount of paperwork and processes with other IT departments,... and then the user still has to enter a username and password (just one that at least they have no excuse about forgetting and one where we aren't responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate governance requirements for password expiry and complexity.)

Does anyone else feel this is a worthwhile enhancement?

Or - what have others done in similar circumstances?

Or - is this just flogging a dead horse as IBM are set on CAM being their preferred security provider and just have to bite the bullet?
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: SSO for TM1 Application Web / Contributor

Post by jim wood »

I haven't really felt your pain yet but I can defo see your point and the value in what you say. I wonder if this will happen as the product becomes more embedded in the Cognos product suite?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
George Regateiro
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.1
Excel Version: 2007 SP3

Re: SSO for TM1 Application Web / Contributor

Post by George Regateiro »

Funny you mention this because we just started testing 10.1 pretty seriously and that is first thing we noticed on all the new features that we have tried to use so far. This has also been an issue with other applications that integrate with TM1 (Business Viewpoint). Once you give the users a no password option you cant go backwards.