Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Maintain Element Formats over Cube View Formats when sliced

Post by Steve Vincent »

Guessing this one has been overlooked for a while, or maybe even not noticed, but i feel it would be a beneficial change to current behaviour and make existing functionality more useful.

I have 9.0 for production and have started testing 9.5, the same thing happens in both versions. The format of a number can be controlled in several ways. Element attribute formats can be used on individual elements (especially useful in a measures dimension with different units like KB/MB/GB or a mixture of whole / decimals / percentages etc) and a more general formatting can be applied to a cube view. When in the cube viewer, the element formats override those of the cube view as you would expect, but when slice / snapshot / active form are used to export the data to Excel, the cube view formats take over.

This looses a significant benefit of setting element formats in the 1st place, because the user then has to apply their own formatting on the Excel file manually. TM1 should maintain the element formatting in any export to Excel to reduce the users workload.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet