skip consolidated values in views

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
Helmar
Version: 9.1 SP4
Excel Version: 2003

skip consolidated values in views

Post by Helmar »

Hi,

I would appreciate to have the 'skip consolidated values' option in the view extract dialog box being selectable for each of the cube's dimensions.
In some cases, especially for TI processes, it's rather inflexible to have this option set once for all of the dimensions. While this option setting
might be desirable for some of the dimensions, it does not necessarily apply for others.
Workarounds - e.g. using dynamic subsets - are of course possible in most cases, however, in my point of view, a split of this skip option to each dimension would facilitate the whole process.

Best regards!
Helmar
roguerrero

Re: skip consolidated values in views

Post by roguerrero »

Hi Helmar, you can use

ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet
This is a TM1 TurboIntegrator function, valid only in TurboIntegrator processes.

This function sets an option to include/exclude consolidated values in a view extract. A view extract is a TM1 view exported as an ASCII comma-delimited (.cma) file.

ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet is the equivalent of the Skip Consolidated Values option in the View Extract dialog box.

Syntax
ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet (Cube, ViewName, Flag);Arguments

Argument
Description

Cube
The parent cube of the view for which you are setting the option.

ViewName
The view for which you are setting the option.

Flag
A binary value that turns the option on or off. Specify 1 to exclude consolidated values from the view extract. Specify 0 to include consolidated values.

Example
ViewExtractSkipCalcsSet ('99sales', '1st Quarter Actuals', 1);

This example turns on the Skip Consolidated Values option for the 1st Quarter Actuals view. The view extract will not include any consolidated values.

Best Regards
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

Hi roguerrero, I think you misunderstand Helmar's suggestion. The function you suggest applies to the entire view. Helmar wants the ability to control the flag by individual dimension.

At the moment the only way to handle this is to build a subset for each individual dimension - some with consolidations, some without - and associate all of those subsets with the view.

While I can see your point Helmar, I think this workaround is not too onerous, and is more flexible than having a plain old on/off switch because there will be still be instances where you need to control which elements make it into the subset.

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Helmar
Version: 9.1 SP4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Helmar »

Hello Martin,
you've got the point - I want the conso flag being applicable for individual dimensions.
The suggestion you made is exactly the way I had used (and still use) as a workaround.

As I already have scores of subsets for individual purposes (TM1Explorer / TM1 Web / TI processes), I just
wanted to avoid setting up further subsets which I in fact do not need except for this purpose.

If there is once an ibm/TM1 developer straying around on this platform looking for ideas, he/she might think about
this suggestion... :lol:

Kind regards!
Helmar
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

You can build subsets and views with a TI tho. So a TI can build everything it needs in the prolog, do the work in meta/data tabs then destroy all the views & subsets it originally created in the epilog. That way you don't get loads of items left about that only TIs need.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet