mattgoff
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2.6
Excel Version: O365

RFE 93132 Better Handling of Multi-monitor and Undocking

Post by mattgoff »

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/ ... R_ID=93132

If a Perspectives user is working on a laptop and has multiple monitors enabled, then puts the laptop into suspend or sleep mode, then disconnects from the secondary monitor (e.g. undocks), then resumes operation, it's possible for TM1 to try to display windows and dialogs on the monitor which is no longer connected. If the new window/dialog is non-modal, it appears that the system has not responded to the user command. If the dialog is modal, it's possible for the application to appear to freeze.

A workaround is to use the Windows Key + left/right arrow. However, Perspectives should poll workspace configuration and if a window/dialog is mapped to a non-viewable region it should remap it to a visible region to avoid this situation.

(As an aside, it's crazy that I have to submit this as an RFE and not a PMR-- this is textbook "defect" to me.)
Please read and follow the Request for Assistance Guidelines. It helps us answer your question and saves everyone a lot of time.
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: RFE 93132 Better Handling of Multi-monitor and Undocking

Post by declanr »

This happens to me every day pretty much; I will be voting for it later when I get a chance to scan what else is on there for my quarterly "laugh at all the things which should have been implemented 20 years ago" session.
Declan Rodger
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

I did vote for this one, but I won't hold my breath. IBM have their hands full with things other than fixing a century-old defect in a client that has been put on death row. And they always have the free get out of jail card in the form of 'nowhere does it say that we officially support multiple screens'.
Kamil Arendt
mattgoff
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2.6
Excel Version: O365

Post by mattgoff »

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on any of my RFEs. It's hard enough to get them to close a defect PMR, forgot a developer ever going the wasteland that is the RFE "Community" site.
Please read and follow the Request for Assistance Guidelines. It helps us answer your question and saves everyone a lot of time.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

One of my pet peeves (along with the client looking like sh*t on high res screens). I'll be voting for it.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.