About the "500 Internal Server Error" message when you click on an RFE link in this forum

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

About the "500 Internal Server Error" message when you click on an RFE link in this forum

Post by Alan Kirk »

This has been discussed in some of the threads below, but not everyone will have read every thread. Accordingly I'm putting this up in a prominent position.

Most of the more recent threads contain links to the corresponding Request For Enhancement submission on the IBM developerWorks site. (Their caPiTaLiSAtion, not mine. Englussh, who needz it?) Most commonly this will result in you seeing the error below:
2016-04-22_DeveloperWorks.jpg
2016-04-22_DeveloperWorks.jpg (75.33 KiB) Viewed 39788 times
In fact the content is usually available, and of course well designed websites do not deliver bogus error messages to users.

But this is an IBM website.

To view the deVELopERWorkS site, you need to have a login. If you have one, click on the Sign in link at the top right. You should end up somewhere like this:
2016-04-22_DeveloperWorks2.jpg
2016-04-22_DeveloperWorks2.jpg (58.38 KiB) Viewed 39788 times
So having logged in you can view the RFE, right? No, that would only happen on a well designed website.

But this is an IBM website.

Instead you just go back to the Internal Server Error page that you saw before. The difference is that your name should now be shown in the top right. Leave that tab open in your browser and make your way back to the post in this forum which contains the link. Now that you are logged into the dEVELOPERwORKS site, the link will take you to the "content (which is) not available" without any error message. (Assuming that the link has been entered correctly, which most are.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.