TI Editor

Suggest and discuss enhancements for TM1
wilsonmax
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1.0
Excel Version: 2010

TI Editor

Post by wilsonmax »

Does anyone of you has some suggestion on the TI Editor?

I would like to suggest:
Adding "Search & Replace" function in TI Editor

Remarks
My current practice is to copy all codes to Notepad++ and start searching
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TI Editor

Post by jim wood »

Wilson,

Have you used the new editor in Performance Modeler? Please don't take this as recommendation (Far from it) but if you haven't looked at it, you need to, just to understand where IBM are taking it,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: TI Editor

Post by Alan Kirk »

WilsonMax wrote:Does anyone of you has some suggestion on the TI Editor?

I would like to suggest:
Adding "Search & Replace" function in TI Editor

Remarks
My current practice is to copy all codes to Notepad++ and start searching
jim wood wrote: Have you used the new editor in Performance Modeler? Please don't take this as recommendation (Far from it) but if you haven't looked at it, you need to, just to understand where IBM are taking it,
As long as you bear in mind that the alleged "Search and Replace" functionality (given that that was what you were asking about) in Performance Muddler is the most appalling, box-checking implementation I've ever seen, and one of the reasons that Performance Muddler hacks me off so intensely. (Indeed I had to revise that sentence a few times before posting to tone down the execrations.) The absolute worst part of that "feature" is that even if you have a block of code highlighted and choose to replace, unlike any other text or code editor in the history of decently designed coding it will NOT do a replace within the highlighted block, but rather globally. Yeah, that won't cause any problems. Much. And this, this is the kind of thing that they use to demonstrate "improvements" to justify the cost of maintenance.

Jim is right in that the TI editor in Performance Muddler will, some day in the future, replace the one in Perspectives so you may as well get familiar with it. But only to understand that it's still cr@p, just differently flavoured cr@p. The only decent TI editor that I know of off the top of my head is a third party commercial app called Vizier.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.