Post bug reports and the status of reported bugs
rau31
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

9.4.1 REPEAT LEAVES BUG

Post by rau31 »

Hello,

I was using the TM1 9.0 version until now and the repeat leaves functionnality was OK. I plan to migrate to the 9.4 FP2 server version (with client FP1). When I try to use the repeat leaves functionnality, it doesn't work anymore in some cases. These some cases seem to be when within the rule a STET function is used. In this case, the repeat leaves doesn't write anything.
Please find a copy of the test done (file "test 1" attached).
the following rule is applied :
['Direct']=N: STET;

And we see that nothing has been written on the Direct cell.

Did someone experienced this please ?

Best Regards,
Attachments
test 1.JPG
test 1.JPG (50.51 KiB) Viewed 5238 times
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: 9.4.1 REPEAT LEAVES BUG

Post by lotsaram »

If you search IBM support you will find this has already been logged as a defect with engineering.

PK94904: REPEAT LEAVES & EQUAL SPREAD LEAVES DOES NOT WORK WHEN STET RULE IS APPLIED

The APAR does not say as yet when this might be fixed but I would presume 9.4.1 FP3 since this has now seems to have been pushed to Q1 2010

As a workaround you can either
- remove the STET applying to the area (this should be possible for most rules by having tighter definitions on the area statements)
- ensure the leaf cells are populated prior to the spread (and yes I know this is a little nonsensical since this what you would generally use a repeat leaves or equal spread leaves for!)
rau31
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Re: 9.4.1 REPEAT LEAVES BUG

Post by rau31 »

Thanks for your prompt answer.

In fact my support contract is not with IBM but with a reseller. So I don't have access to the IBM support. Nevertheless, I access to a small extract of the referenced bug and will have now the reflex to go also to IBM support site.

Thank you again lotsaram for your answer and the workarounds.

rau31.