Post bug reports and the status of reported bugs
gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: Latest and greatest
Excel Version: Office 365 64-bit

APAR PI24861; C: Level rule overwrites N: Levels

Post by gtonkin »

Placing a C level rule below an N level rule interferes with the N level rules below that C level rule and can lead to data loss.

This is in spite of the fact that the parameter AllowSeparateNandCRules is set to T.

As an example if there is an element called Volume and the following rule is set it will cause the cells in the cube to have a status of not editable and can also lead to the loss of previously INPUT values:
['Volume']=N:IF(['Value']=0,0,CONTINUE);
['Volume']=C:0;
['Volume']=N:STET;

The STET command was added to prove the point that even if STET'ed, the C: rule overwrites - normally it would suffice to have the N Rule, continue, no other N Rules and cells would remain editable.

Cells in the cube viewer appear white and editable but their status in not editable. Trying to change their value results in a "data spread failed".

Changing the C: level rule to something other than zero shows that value at a C level but N levels are still affected.
Placing the C: level rule seems to work but who can say under what circumstances it won't.

This is definitely a bug and the attached model works as expected under 9.4, 9.5.2 and has been logged accordingly. Please be aware of the possible impact on your client's systems.

TM1 Version 10.2.2 - Windows, IBM SR42600689864

@MODS - please move this to the Bugs sub-forum as I do not have permissions to do so.
Attachments
Test_Data.zip
Sample model to test C Level overwriting N Level
(33.99 KiB) Downloaded 1208 times
Last edited by gtonkin on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: SR42600689864; C: Level rule overwrites N: Levels

Post by lotsaram »

I can confirm that this is a definite bug in 10.2. I have come up against it in a few projects already. It can be worked around but only by rewriting rules by changing priority and putting in additional conditional tests. Needs to be fixed.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
gtonkin
MVP

Re: SR42600689864; C: Level rule overwrites N: Levels

Post by gtonkin »

This issue has now been referred to Dev for fixing - APAR PI24861
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: APAR PI24861; C: Level rule overwrites N: Levels

Post by Alan Kirk »

This is claimed to be addressed in 10.2.2 FP1; anybody on 10.2 want to check and confirm?
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
gtonkin
MVP

Post by gtonkin »

Just applied FP1 patch to test this issue - happy to report that TM1 behaves as it used to do.
I created a very simplistic example cube with Year, Month and Measures - Measures had Volume, Value, Extended to illustrate the issue.

Rules are as follows:

Code: Select all

SKIPCHECK;
['Volume']=N:IF(['Value']=0,0,CONTINUE);
['Extended']=N:['Value']*['Volume'];
['Volume']=C:9999;
FEEDERS;
['Value']=>['Extended'];
Assuming the view is set up with Measures on columns in Value, Volume, Extended order, you can now input Value, then Volume and recalc to get Extended.

Previously when you attempted to enter Volume, you would get Data Spread Failed.

BTW - the APAR is not noted in the Fix List but based on the problem described above and my test case, something has been fixed.
gtonkin
MVP

Post by gtonkin »

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... ab_1022FP1 is now showing that PI24861 is fixed in 10.2.2 FP1