Issue with TM1 Measure Data Format in Cognos BI 10.1.1

redraven71
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Issue with TM1 Measure Data Format in Cognos BI 10.1.1

Post by redraven71 »

I want to pass this information along to the TM1 community in the event that anyone experiences the issue I have experienced when working with TM1 data in the Cognos BI environment, namely version Cognos BI version 10.1.1.

When developing a list report in Cognos BI report studio against a package built from a TM1 cube, it was discovered that using a function (in this case, cast) against an element from the measure data, it caused the format of all the other data elements within the measure dimension to also change. After not finding an answer from the vast number of resources I have available, I turned in a request to IBM for their assistance/advice. The feedback returned was that this is a known issue with Cognos BI 10.1.1 as covered under PM54643 (link to APAR http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg1PM54643). The solution is to do a full upgrade to Cognos BI 10.2.

My hope in posting this is to save others the amount of time it took for me to try to find a solution. Thank you!
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Issue with TM1 Measure Data Format in Cognos BI 10.1.1

Post by jim wood »

Good to know. Thanks for the info,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Post by mce »

Yeah I remember we first raised this issue with IBM last year in a PMR and they concluded it as a product defect and raised this APAR.
mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Post by mce »

just to clarify, this issue applies only to String Measures from a TM1 cube. Applying certain functions to such measures in Report Studio was causing issues.