jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Error Message QE-DEF-0368

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

I am trying to add TM1 as a data source in Cognos 10. I have my configuration fully up and running with an SQL 2005 database set as my content DB. (Connection tested in Config manager and all that.)

As you might be able to tell from previous posts that I have tried to change the java home but I have hit issues.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
dkleist

Re: Error Message QE-DEF-0368

Post by dkleist »

This?

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview ... wg21343702

If that doesn't work, are you mixing the bitness of Java (32 vs 64)?

Is this a demo or training machine you are trying to build? If you need TM1 Contributor with BI on the same machine, you might be able to hack the JAVA_HOME side of Apache (or Cognos). I did one install like this where I had multiple Javas (Cognos and Apache). I overrode one of the JAVA_HOME searches to force it to the alternate location, but I don't remember which one.
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

Thanks for the pointer. I've checked the software version and they are all 32-bit as I'm only running a 32-bit virtual machine as a demo box.

I'm going to have a look at the Tomcat side of things (the one used for contributor) as I have found some instructions on how to override the JAVA_HOME setting,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
jim wood
Site Admin

Post by jim wood »

I've looked at this long and hard. I decided to create another virtual machine and try things on there. No contributor running or anything else that could cause problems. To my surprise I hit the exact same error. I decided it was time to hit the books. I went through the installation documentation. In both my instances I was connecting to SQL 2005. When going through the documentation I noticed a section on creating a user, database and schema. I followed this and changed the settings in configuration manager. Low and behold it worked. I can only come to the conclusion that although configuration manager likes connections using a Sysadmin account the software itself doesn't.

At least I found the problem,

Jim.
Shop at Amazon