Cognos Planning contributor

gbehel
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos EP, Contributor
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Cognos Planning contributor

Post by gbehel »

Hello All,

My question is related to Cognos Planing contributor. A Contributor application is published on Cognos web. There are 2 set of contributors. Internal and external vendors. Internal vendors are part of the network and they can login as company employees, open contributor web and submit numbers.

However, the external vendors have no such facility. I'm looking to give conrtibutor access to these external contributors so that they stop sending data in excel format and hence avoid the manual work for Cognos Analyst.

Is there a way, the cognos contirbutor can be open to the www world. Ofcourse the credential to log into the application will be provided by the company?

any advice will be appreciated

Thanks
Gbehel
dkleist

Re: Cognos Planning contributor

Post by dkleist »

Sure, add a second webserver (with SSL so it's https:), put it on your DMZ. Install gateway components only. Configure it to point to the dispatcher that already exists, open firewall port 9300 bidirectional between DMZ gateway and dispatcher. Port 443 to the world from the DMZ server. There might be another port that needs to be open, but I don't remember: it's been a while since I've set this up (I've implemented this setup). External users would need an account in your security provider and will get prompted to enter id/password.
gbehel
OLAP Product: TM1, Cognos EP, Contributor
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Re: Cognos Planning contributor

Post by gbehel »

Thanks dkleist

This really helps

Regards
Gbehel